- Registered Nurse
Phillips Academy, Andover, MA
Accredited by NEASC
Phillips Academy seeks a Campus Contact Tracing/Testing Nurse. This is a one year position for the Academic year 2020-2021 designed to help in the safe re-opening of the residential campus. The Contact Tracing/Testing Nurse will oversee the daily symptom monitoring, contact tracing and COVID-19 testing of all adults and students on campus according to an already established plan and under the direction of the Clinical Lead. Training will be provided in all areas of this plan including on campus point of care testing. The ideal candidate will possess strong independent decision-making and leadership skills. This role requires the nurse to maintain the highest level of confidentiality that is expected of all health care professionals. Schedule is Monday through Friday, 9am-5:30pm. This is an exempt, full-time, .75 FTE benefits-eligible position.
- Monitor daily self-symptom reporting of all campus community members
- Oversee contact tracing of campus community members as needed - Organize COVID-19 testing of all faculty and staff prior to the opening of school and at selected intervals throughout the year on campus
- Review records of testing and provide testing as needed for all students upon arrival to campus
- Provide testing for all students at established intervals during the first 2 weeks on campus
- Monitor campus virus burden through selective testing of students, faculty and staff throughout the year
- Supervises a team of Certified Nursing Assistants and/or Medical Assistants in the monitoring of asymptomatic students in quarantine on campus
Graduate of Accredited School of Nursing, BSN required. 5+ years of nursing experience required Current Licensure as a Registered Nurse in MA Experience working with computerized data, including utilizing an electronic health record Hold current CPR/AED certification Experience in public health, contact tracing strongly preferred Maintains professional continuing education required for registered nurse licensure in Massachusetts
If interested, please apply at http://www.andover.edu/employmentopportunities
Phillips Academy is an equal opportunity employer. Phillips Academy is an intentionally diverse and inclusive residential community “committed to creating an equitable and inclusive school in which students from diverse backgrounds, cultures, and experiences—including race, ethnicity, nationality, gender, socioeconomic class, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, and ability—learn and grow together.” The ideal candidate supports the inclusive and diverse nature of the community. Any offers of employment will be contingent upon successful CORI/SORI and fingerprinting background checks as well as authorization to work in the United States.