- Middle School
- Teaching Assistant
Carroll School, Lincoln, MA
Accredited by NEASC
Located in Lincoln, Wayland, and Waltham Massachusetts, Carroll School is an independent day school that serves students who have language-based learning differences, such as dyslexia. The Carroll Middle School is located on the Lincoln campus and serves grades 6-8.
In an effort to address the greatest need of each child, we recognize that diversity and inclusivity are essential to a child’s learning experience. Our work is important, and we welcome candidates who add to the diversity of our community and demonstrate a commitment to equity and inclusion in their work.
Carroll School is an equal opportunity employer that offers competitive salary and benefits, including a strong professional development programming such as Orton Gillingham training.
The Carroll School seeks candidates with a growth mindset and a true passion and commitment to lifelong learning. Candidates who are motivated by helping students to attain a strong sense of identity, self-worth and who are eager to equip students with skills and strategies for academic success. The ideal candidate brings a collaborative style, is self-directed, child-centered and values a community of highly engaged, compassionate, motivated educators. We are seeking candidates with an interest in working with and teaching students with language-based learning differences and who are drawn to acquire the necessary competencies to successfully teach our type of learners.
This position works in the Middle School and will assist in all classroom activities as directed by the classroom teacher. The Aide will also assist in other team responsibilities as directed by Curriculum Director.
- Prepare and organize classroom environment
- Make materials for classroom instruction
- Work with students on an individual basis as directed by the classroom teacher
- May assist in after-school program activities
- Perform other duties as required
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Prior experience working with children preferably in an education setting
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Orton-Gillingham training preferred or willingness to participate in school-sponsored
- Flexible and willing to learn
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org