Pinkerton Academy, Derry, NH
Accredited by NEASC
Contract Period: Academic-year position, 186 days, salaried, exempt
Supervisor: Special Education Director
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree; strong communication skills; strong sense of confidentiality, certified in General Special Education
- Review student cumulative folders and complete file review.
- Prepare measurable student IEP’s using NHSEIS.
- Provide specialized instruction.
- Maintain Special Education compliance of caseload.
- Generate list of personnel to be invited to IEP team meetings and submit to Special Education scheduler.
- Maintain list of required evaluation testing dates, i.e. three-year psychological, vocational assessment, speech, occupational therapy, physical therapy, annual IEP dates, etc.
- Complete classroom observations as assigned.
- Complete achievement testing as assigned.
- Monitor student progress.
- Assist with budget and inventory.
- Coordinate student ancillary services as needed.
- Communicate with parents/guardians.
- Review aides' journals.
- Maintain student files.
- Write and present annual report with measurable data.
- Communicate with guidance counselors, related service providers, teachers, LEA’s and other staff working with student.
- Submit extended incompletes as needed and monitor for need of further extensions.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Special Education Director.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of all activities duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. These may change at any time with or without notice.
Employee signature below constitutes employee’s understanding of the requirements, essential functions and duties of the position.
- special education