Cambridge-Ellis School, Cambridge, MA
Accredited by NAEYC
Cambridge-Ellis School is seeking native Mandarin speaker for our preschool Mandarin Immersion classes. Teachers should be fluent in both Mandarin and English and committed to play-based learning, and sensitive to and knowledgeable about the developmental needs of young children.
Cambridge-Ellis Summer Program
Mandarin Immersion Preschool Teacher
June 29th-July 24th
As a successful candidate, you are enthusiastic, warm, patient and flexible. You have strong interpersonal skills, are professional and practice appropriate judgement. You work cooperatively with other adults and take initiative when necessary. You are an educator who is experienced in child-centered, emergent curriculum, and who is knowledgeable about the social-emotional development of young children. Ideally, you have EEC preschool teacher certification (lead teacher preferred), a BA in Early Childhood Education, and teaching experience with preschool age children.
- Bachelor’s degree in early childhood education or similar field
- Early childhood work experience
- EEC lead preschool teacher certified
- Ability to get at eye level with children
- Minimum of two years work experience in early childhood
- Providing a safe and nurturing environment for preschoolers
- Developing and implementing language curriculum with team members
- Interacting with children and assisting with daily skills
- Setting up classroom and putting away materials at the end of the day
- Sharing information with parents/caretakers about their child’s day
Cambridge-Ellis School is a diverse preschool community with a strong emphasis on fine arts and nature. Children learn through their play and social interactions. Our teaching practices ensure that children are respected as thinkers, supported as investigators and guided by positive role modeling. We are committed to creating an equitable community and offering a culturally sensitive curriculum. We offer a professional, team driven working environment,and work closely with families to support the development of young children. Cambridge-Ellis School is a non-profit, NAEYC accredited school serving children ages 2-6 years old located near harvard Square in Cambridge, MA
Send resume, cover letter and two professional references to Katie Clark, Summer Program Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org by February 28, 2020.