- Teaching Assistant
JCDS, Boston's Jewish Community Day School, Watertown, MA
Accredited by AISNE
JCDS, Boston’s Jewish Community Day School, is committed to serving families across a wide spectrum of belief and practice. The school has several hallmarks: Hebrew and English spoken throughout the day; Jewish and General studies integrated in many areas; a commitment to creative, academic excellence; and living a joyful Jewish life in a welcoming community. JCDS was founded in 1995 and serves students in grades K-8. We encourage everyone in our community to approach life with a growth mindset. We value our professional staff and invest in their ongoing development. Our professional community is rooted in collaboration, generosity of spirit, and a passion for our mission. JCDS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees without regard to race, color, religious creed, national and ethnic origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, or physical disability.
The JCDS Classroom Assistant models the core values of a JCDS education: integrity, perseverance/resiliency, curiosity, multiple perspectives/empathy, problem solving, reflection and evidence. The Classroom Assistant will support the classroom teachers with their daily responsibilities. Job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to: preparing classroom materials and supplies, supporting lead teachers with classroom routines and procedures, substituting for lead teachers when they are absent, and offering general support to lead teachers throughout the school day.
Candidates for this position should demonstrate a passion for working with children, as well as a commitment to supporting a safe and productive classroom. Candidates should possess excellent communication, strong relationship building skills, and an ability to proactively anticipate the needs of a classroom environment that is more restrictive than usual due to the pandemic.
The Classroom Assistant position is an in-person, part-time position, not to exceed 20 hours per week, for the duration of time that school will be conducted onsite. Salary will be approximately $15.00 an hour, commensurate with experience.
- Prepare classroom materials and supplies for students
- Support lead teachers with classroom routines and procedures
- Substitute for lead teachers in the event of absence
- Compile learning materials for students to engage with in the event of absence
- Support lead teachers in effective classroom management
- Enforce mask policy and health policies as needed
- Complete hallway supervision, bathroom monitoring, snack supervision, lunch duty, and recess duty as needed
- Ability to communicate clearly, efficiently, and appropriately with students, faculty, and families
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with students, faculty, and families
- Demonstrated capacity for collaboration with colleagues and team members
- Ability to contribute to a joyful, Jewish learning environment
- Ability to navigate technology comfortably
- Hebrew language preferred, but not required
Please submit a cover letter, resume and references to email@example.com, placing the title of “Classroom Assistant” in the subject line.
JCDS is a pluralist co-educational Jewish day school serving students from families across a wide spectrum of Jewish beliefs and practices. Visit our website at jcdsboston.org for more information.
JCDS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees without regard to race, color, religious creed, national and ethnic origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, or physical disability.
- online learning