Cambridge Montessori School, Cambridge, MA
Accredited by AISNE and AMS
Passport is an essential component of Cambridge Montessori School. We are a year-round outside of school time program, offering Extended Day, Vacation Camps, Enrichment Clubs, Athletics, Conference Care, Professional Development Care, and Summer Camp to children from Toddlers through Middle School. Our goal is to provide top quality programs for both Cambridge Montessori School families and families from the greater Cambridge community.
- ●The Passport Primary Co-Teacher is an experienced childhood educator who co-teaches in the Extended Day, Vacation Camp Program, and Conference Care Day AND supports the Primary Montessori Program during lunch and afternoon time. The general daily schedule includes lunch with students, nap room supervision, snack, outside recess, circle activities, art and cooking projects and community building activities.
- Part-time - 10 month per year, generally 32 hours per week, plus full-day
- Demonstrated ability and passion to instruct and build relationships with students of all ages and abilities, particularly ages 3-6
- Activity/curriculum planning experience with children ages 3-6
- First Aid and CPR certified preferred
- College degree/ significant coursework in Early Childhood Education or significant working experience with children
- Ability to work in a team environment AND independently
- Creative and organized
- Strong communication skills, especially in communication with teachers and parents
- Mature and responsible
- Strong leadership abilities
- Punctual and professional
- Aware, present and attentive in the classroom vacation camps (December, February and April) and selected professional development days.
- Passport Program Director, Toddler/Primary Director
- Co-teaching a group of students from 11am – 6:00pm, Monday through Friday in Extended Day, and 8:00am – 5:00pm, during Vacation Camps and on selected professional development days.
- Working closely with the Primary Montessori teachers to help support their students during lunch period and afternoon hours.
- Work with the program directors and Primary teachers in developing and implementing a curriculum of hands-on, structured activities to meet students’ interests, abilities, and needs. This includes creating a daily schedule and weekly curriculum for your age group.
- Managing the safety and well being of the children in your care
- Maintaining and organizing the classroom space. This includes organizing snack, and room supplies (toys, art/cooking supplies, games, and room materials in storage cabinets).
- Working with the co-teacher to brainstorm, plan and prep for full day programs.
Candidates should send a resume and references to: Allison Lynch, Director of Passport Auxiliary Programs Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cambridge Montessori School is a coeducational independent day school currently enrolling 220 students from toddlers through grade eight. Last year, CMS celebrated its 50th anniversary serving Cambridge and surrounding towns, CMS is a dynamic, international community, which reflects the diverse culture and rich educational resources of the region and enrolls students from over 20 different countries. CMS is accredited by the American Montessori Society and the Association of Independent Schools in New England, and is a member of the National Association of Independent Schools, Montessori Schools of Massachusetts, and the International Montessori Council. The State of Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care Office (EEC) license the CMS Toddler and Primary Programs. CMS is a non-sectarian institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, national or cultural origin, sexual orientation, family style, political belief, or disability in the administration of its admissions, financial assistance, education or employment practices. Passport complies with the regulations of the Massachusetts Department of Public Health (105 CMR 430.000) and is licensed by the City of Cambridge Board of Health. Cambridge Montessori School encourages independent, self-directed learning for life in a child-centered, international community valuing peace, respect for others and pride in individual differences.