Glen Urquhart School, Beverly, MA
Accredited by AISNE
Apply here by sending a cover letter, resume, and list of three references with the subject line “Communications Staff.”
Position beginning January 28, 2019
Description: Glen Urquhart School, a Pre-K to grade 8 independent day school 45 minutes north of Boston, seeks a Communications Coordinator. The successful candidate will support all aspects of the school’s marketing, communications, and brand strategy contributing to the retention of current families, attraction of new prospects, and increased awareness of the GUS brand. Knowledge of proven marketing techniques, strong interpersonal skills, excellent writing and graphic design skills, and organizational abilities are essential. The Communications Staff Member reports to the Director of Marketing + Communications. The hours for this position are negotiable based on the needs of the school.
Qualifications: We seek a motivated and flexible communications professional who understands independent educational environments and who can work in a cooperative, dynamic setting. This position requires a bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two years of relevant experience. Candidates should possess excellent writing and graphic design skills and should be comfortable using the Adobe Creative Suite, content management systems (CMS), and creating visual imagery through photography and video. Candidates should also demonstrate a working knowledge of print, online, and social media marketing strategies. GUS celebrates the diversity of our school and the 25 local communities we serve including diversity of race, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, and geographic and ethnic origin. Candidates who will enhance and support this community are especially encouraged to apply.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Supporting and promoting the mission and philosophy of the school
· General graphic design and messaging support as assigned by the Director of Marketing + Communications
· Gathering, creating, and producing written and visual content from across all offices of the school including classroom activities and events, admission, advancement, and auxiliary program offices
· Creating and publishing weekly email and monthly newsletter to families and board of trustees
· Capturing, coordinating, editing, and producing photography, video, and other content
· Creating content for social media and managing social media channels
· Managing and updating the school website, a Drupal-based platform
· Presence in the life of the school, such as faculty meetings, assemblies, etc.
Salary to be determined based on experience and education. Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and list of three references with the subject line “Communications Staff” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Glen Urquhart School, 74 Hart Street, Beverly Farms, MA 01915
Glen Urquhart School is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic background, age, disability, or military service in its hiring, employment or other programs and activities.