Nashoba Brooks School, Concord, MA
Accredited by AISNE
Nashoba Brooks School seeks an experienced business professional to serve in the newly created role of comptroller. The comptroller will report to the director of finance and operations and will serve as a member of the business office team. The comptroller will be a key leader on the team and will work with various members of the School community. This is a full-time, 12-month position. Candidates must be prepared to begin employment as soon as possible.
- Supervise the assistant director of finance and operations.
- Oversee and manage accounts payable and receivable.
- Manage the preparation of monthly billing.
- Oversee the analysis and reconciliation of department budgets.
- Maintain accurate record keeping.
- Develop, forecast, and manage budgets under the guidance of the director of finance and operations.
- Manage the annual external audit.
- Provide oversight of internal controls, including regular review and revision of protocols.
- Prepare financial documents and reports as required.
- Assist the director of finance and operations with the smooth running of the Buildings & Grounds Department
- General duties assigned by the director of finance and operations.
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams to meet defined goals.
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective feedback to associates on performance.
- Effective time management and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and successfully on multiple simultaneous projects, while also working collaboratively as part of a highly productive team.
- Demonstrated ability to work and communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with a broad range of internal and external constituents, including employees, students, parents, and friends of the School.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and solve problems creatively, handle confidential information, and navigate sensitive situations.
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in accounting or related field is required; CPA or MBA is preferred.
- Three to five years of experience with general ledger accounting principles is required; non-profit accounting experience is desirable.
- Intermediate to advanced experience with Microsoft Excel, Google apps, proven experience with Sage or another accounting software, willingness to adapt to and implement new/efficient work processes and applications.
As an employee of Nashoba Brooks School, the comptroller will model integrity, professionalism, curiosity, responsibility, creativity, and respect for all persons, as well as a demonstrated commitment to advancing the School’s core values of integrity, collaboration, inclusivity, empathy, and resilience.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, résumé, and three references to:
Maggie Barbuto, Director of Finance and Operations