Learning Prep School, West Newton, MA
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in related field preferred
- Massachusetts DESE Certification in content area preferred
Reports to: Principal
Job Goal: To provide informed, engaged and differentiated instruction.
- Implement the program core values and mandated programs.
- Establish and implement behavioral and work expectations (i.e., classroom rules, in-place behavior monitoring system for reinforcement) to be consistently maintained in the classroom and throughout the school building.
- Provide differentiated classroom instruction through the implementation of curriculum content, methods and materials, guided by the MA Curriculum Frameworks and Common Core State Standards, where appropriate, in accordance with copyright regulations.
- Provide all accommodations to students, as required by the IEP.
- Monitor students with vigilance and integrity at all times in accordance with the program’s policies, including the Acceptable Use policy.
- Formulate lesson plans; monthly projected plans as specified by Supervisor.
- Evaluate student progress through multiple assessment of student work, compile report card grades and/or individual student progress reports as required and within estimated timelines.
- Review of all cumulative records of assigned students including: IEPs, evaluations, progress notes, status reports, medical background, etc.
- Provide pertinent information and recommendations for IEP Meetings as specified.
- Maintain parent contact in cooperation with other school staff (i.e., phone log, e-mail, etc.).
- Maintain collaborative communication with staff to ensure consistent service delivery.
- Attend to assigned duties (i.e., lunch, cab, break duty, etc.).
- Attend weekly staff meetings, in-service trainings, parent meetings, and student-centered staff meetings.
- Implement problem solving, negotiating, and mediating skills with students.
- Maintain a positive, flexible and pro-active professional attitude.
- Develop an ongoing, problem solving relationship with supervisor, seeking guidance as necessary.
- Focus on the acquisition of adaptive, positive work behavior skills and enrichment of expressive language
- Compile report card grades and/or individual student progress reports as required and within estimate timelines.
- Complete weekly goal sheets when specified.
- Establish goals to continue professional growth and development.
Work Year: 186 days
Note: The above job description reflects the general requirements necessary to describe the principle functions or responsibilities of the job identified and shall not be interpreted as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job, either at present or in the future. This would include, but not be limited to computers, art, performing arts, food service, horticulture, and physical education.