Belmont Hill School, Belmont, MA
Accredited by NEASC
Belmont Hill Drama Department Costume Design Position:
- Attend Production Meetings to collaborate with directors and contribute ideas for the artistic vision of the play
- Design, create and procure costumes
- Perform measurements
- Perform fittings and make adjustments as needed
- Launder and/or press, return, and store costumes properly in a timely manner
- Take notes from the directors and make adjustments as needed at Tech rehearsals
- Be onsite to assist actors and make sure all costumes are safely returned during Tech week, Dress Rehearsal, Opening Night, and Closing Night
- Be onsite for strike to assist the actors with costume room clean up and to collect soiled costumed
Below are dates of employment for this position rendered as an independent contractor, starting with our 1st production meeting and ending on Strike Day. There are no set expectations for the number of hours that this will or should entail on a weekly basis.
- MS Spring Musical: Feb. 24th to May 19th, 2020
MS Spring Musical: “High School Musical Jr.” by Brian Louiselle, et al.
Auditions: Feb. 19 @ Winsor, Feb. 20 @ Belmont Hill
Performances: Dress Rehearsal Thursdays, May 14 at 4:30 pm.
Opening Night, Friday, May 15 at 7:00 pm, and
Final Performance, Saturday, May 16 at 3:30 pm
Location: All rehearsals and performances held in the Kraft Theater,
Belmont Hill School
Rehearsals: Rehearsals run either from 4:00-4:45 pm or 4:00-5:30 pm Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, with an additional 1 to 2 Saturday rehearsals 9 am-12 noon.
Please inquire for more details on the Designer’s Fee. Budget for costumes: $2000.
Contact: Paul DiResta, Director of Theatre firstname.lastname@example.org with CV attached.
- Costume Designer