The Cambridge School of Weston, Weston, MA
Accredited by NEASC
The Cambridge School of Weston seeks an Assistant Director of Admission to join our team, participating in all aspects of the enrollment cycle. Our ideal candidate would have a sense of humor, an interest in being part of a collaborative office, and have experience in admissions work. Successful candidates will possess experience and/or an aptitude for global and international recruitment and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team. In addition, ideal candidates will possess a demonstrated interest or passion in introducing underrepresented groups to independent schools. For candidates who are interested in joining our residential community, there is the option of combining this position with a dorm parent position.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Developing international recruitment strategies
- Overseeing outreach and communication with international agents
- Interviewing prospective students and their families
- Overseeing follow-up with inquiries/applicants
- Participating in admissions committee meetings
- Planning and executing live and virtual events
- Traveling both domestically and internationally
- Excellent organizational, time management, and communication skills
- A strong affinity for working with middle and high school aged students and their families
- Comfort and curiosity with technology, including databases, and a willingness to utilize multiple systems
- Facility working with a diverse faculty, staff, student body, and applicant pool
- Availability to work some nights/weekends throughout the recruitment cycle to support events
- Ability to handle complex and confidential materials in a multi-task, team-oriented environment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team
- Physically able to lift 20 pounds and conduct walking tours of the school campus
- Minimum two years of experience in an admissions office and/or independent school
- Proficiency in more than one language
- Previous experience with international recruiting
- Experience recruiting and working with populations that have been historically underrepresented in independent schools
To apply for this position:
Deadline for application:
Position will remain open until filled.
A leader among America’s progressive independent schools, The Cambridge School of Weston (CSW) has been at the forefront of educational innovation since 1886. At this day and boarding high school located in Weston MA, creative, motivated students embrace challenging work and address complex questions — with curiosity and courage. Inspired by the diverse perspectives and high expectations of our justice-minded community, they find and develop what is extraordinary in themselves and in the world around them. CSW's mission is to provide a progressive education that emphasizes deep learning, meaningful relationships, and a dynamic program that inspires students to discover who they are and what their contribution is to their school, their community, and the world.
The Cambridge School of Weston does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, retaliation, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, disability, mental illness, genetics, choice of health insurance, marital status, age, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable law. We are an equal opportunity employer and we encourage candidates who will increase our diversity to apply.