- Alumni Relations
The Cambridge School of Weston, Weston, MA
Accredited by NEASC
The Cambridge School of Weston seeks a Development Coordinator to add to our collaborative Development and Parent/Alumni/ae engagement team. The ideal candidate will be a welcoming and engaging presence for parents and alumni/ae throughout the entire school year and manage the internal and external daily operations of a busy office. The ideal candidate is comfortable learning on the job, can work independently, is a proficient multi-tasker, and can jump in—sometimes on short notice—where needed.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Alumni/ae & parent engagement support— manage the main phone line along with both alumni/ae and development email accounts, coordinate follow-up of inquiries across the development department as well as across other school departments.
- Gift entry— Process and enter all cash and in-kind gifts, ensuring receipt, acknowledgement, and record keeping protocols are followed and implemented.
- Event support—Support major school events from planning to execution, including coordination with volunteer committees, all vendors, and Marketing and Communication office to execute internal and external communication timelines.
- Fundraising support – Assist Chief Development Officer and other front-line fundraisers in scheduling donor calls or visits, and support creating donor briefing materials.
- Office management—Implement stewardship activities and mailings, maintain supplies and materials, and assist with processing invoices.
- Interest in supporting fundraising, stewardship, and event activities to advance the mission and work of an independent school
- Affinity for working with various constituencies of an independent school (students, alumni/ae, parents, faculty etc.)
- Customer-service orientated
- Strong cross-cultural competencies and intercultural communication skills
- Keen attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and the ability to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, including the ability to proofread, edit, and revise existing copy
- Facility with Microsoft Office, Google Suite, Zoom, and database systems (Raiser’s Edge NXT and Blackbaud preferred)
- Ability to handle high volumes of complex and confidential materials
- Physically able to lift 20 pounds
- Work occasional evenings or weekend days
- Experience in a development office and/or event management
- Familiarity with alumni/ae and parent engagement at an independent school
- Experience with social media platforms and e-mail communication tools
To apply for this position: Send a letter of interest and resume in a single PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. We will accept applications until the position has been filled.
A leader among America’s progressive independent schools, The Cambridge School of Weston (CSW) has been at the forefront of educational innovation since 1886. At this day and boarding high school located in Weston MA, creative, motivated students embrace challenging work and address complex questions — with curiosity and courage. Inspired by the diverse perspectives and high expectations of our justice-minded community, they find and develop what is extraordinary in themselves and in the world around them. CSW's mission is to provide a progressive education that emphasizes deep learning, meaningful relationships, and a dynamic program that inspires students to discover who they are and what their contribution is to their school, their community, and the world.
The Cambridge School of Weston does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, retaliation, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, disability, mental illness, genetics, choice of health insurance, marital status, age, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable law. We are an equal opportunity employer and we encourage candidates who will increase our diversity to apply.