Dexter Southfield, Brookline, MA
Accredited by NEASC
Dexter Southfield is an independent school where boys and girls in Pre-K through Class 12 develop their individual talents and build an ethical foundation for life. Through a classical education and innovative programming, students learn to lead with confidence and serve with compassion. Our 36-acre campus is located on the Brookline-Boston line, just miles from the city’s best museums, libraries, hospitals, colleges, and universities—all of which serve as an extension of our classrooms. At Dexter Southfield, we approach everything we do with enthusiasm and commitment, living by our School’s motto: “Our Best Today, Better Tomorrow.”
About Our Team
Our Information Technology team is made up of highly talented and service-oriented specialists who are committed to the integrity of all School-owned data, technology, hardware, software, and systems. We pride ourselves on providing timely operational and technical support to the Dexter Southfield community of students, faculty, and staff. If you are self-motivated, enjoy the challenges that come with synchronizing data and application integration, this position may be your next career opportunity.
You enjoy the challenges that come with being responsible for data integrity and application support of School-owned databases and applications. Working closely with the Director of Information Technology, you will be responsible for establishing, monitoring, and improving data flows/synchronizations against disparate databases. You understand and can support application integration with business processes, serving as the primary source for establishing reports and data exports to perform mail merges, business analysis, and supporting communication efforts. You are a flexible, resilient team player, who adapts quickly to change. You are self-motivated and have proven yourself as someone who can manage competing priorities with integrity, humor, and sound judgment, pitching in whenever and wherever needed.
To be successful in this role, you must be able to:
- Evaluate report and database needs.
- Evaluate and implement database flows via automated scripted process or manual intervention.
- Support various line of business applications with respect to data analysis and structures.
- Provide guidance on future systems and integrations.
- Ensure single sign-on systems are working properly and maintained
- Monitor and track scripts, servers, and processes
- Assist with end-user administrative activities such as user creation and security group assignments
- Develop a greater understanding of “big data” concepts as it relates to multiple applications to ensure reported data is being pulled from the best system possible.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Information systems or Business Management from an accredited college or university required; advanced degree preferred
- At least three years full-time experience managing data flows, process, reporting, and management
- Ability to plan, organize, develop, and communicate improvements in process and flows
- Understand SQL scripting for industry standard databases
- Understand file types CSV, XLM, Tab Delineated, and API data transfers
- Understand and maintain batch processing, scheduling process, SFTP, and SCP
- Understand and maintain Single Sign on via SAML, SAML2, and LDAP
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills (oral, written, and non-verbal)
- Effective language skills and the ability to read, analyze, and interpret written materials; write reports and compose correspondence; and present and respond to information with diverse constituencies
- Ability to work with and apply mathematical concepts including probability and statistical inference
- Application knowledge preferred (and not limited to): Senior Systems, Magnus Health, Blackbaud’s Raisers Edge or NXT, Blackboard Connect, AZURE/ ADF/ Active Directory, Ravenna, Import Omatic
- Ability to be flexible, effectively manage stress, and adapt to changing work priorities and assignments
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team to establish and nurture effective working relationships with students, faculty, staff, and parents
- A good sense of humor
At Dexter Southfield, we promote a culture of excellence that extends beyond academics, athletics, and the arts. We offer a culture in which employees feel valued, respected, and are rewarded with a generous employee benefits package.
Interested candidates are encouraged to send a cover letter, resume, and completed employment application to Michael Williams, Director of Information Technology, at email@example.com.