Catholic Memorial School, West Roxbury, MA
Accredited by NEASC
Catholic Memorial School seeks a detail and process-oriented professional to join our results focused team. The successful candidate will be a key partner to senior leadership and will enjoy solving problems by organizing and manipulating data that outline strategies to inform frontline fundraising and planned initiatives.
The Data and Gift Manager serves an integral role within the Advancement team, both in maximizing the effectiveness of the Raiser’s Edge database and in leveraging data for fundraising initiatives. The Data and Gift Manager will have primary oversight of the database, ensuring that all constituent and gift data is collected and organized to be efficiently utilized by Advancement fundraising staff, and for external and internal reporting. The successful candidate will assist the Director of Institutional Advancement, Director of Annual Giving, and Director of Engagement and Events in the analysis of results and trends across all categories of giving, including annual giving, capital, endowment, and special projects.
Data Management responsibilities include:
- Manage the operation, maintenance, data input, data integrity, and accuracy of the constituent database management system.
- Manage integration and ongoing exports and imports of data from Raiser’s Edge, including wealth screenings, National Change of Address updates, Education Edge (student relationship system) and more.
- Maintain accurate constituency records in the database in a timely manner.
- Initiate and manage projects to improve utilization of the database.
- Remain informed and trained on the latest Raiser’s Edge technologies and improvements and assist in educating staff in more effective ways to use Raiser’s Edge.
Gift Management responsibilities include:
- Record all gifts and pledges received by the School in the constituent relationship management system, Raiser’s Edge, in a timely manner.
- Maintain current processes for acknowledging and stewarding gifts, including generating tax-receipt and thank-you letter for each gift.
- Serve as primary liaison to the Business Office to reconcile funds and support the preparation of annual financial audit.
- Run advanced and basic queries, exports, and reports to support engagement and fundraising efforts.
- Perform new and ongoing analysis reports providing relevant data points to the Head of School, Director of Institutional Advancement, Director of Annual Giving, and Board of Trustees.
- Communicate requested giving information to donors, staff, School administration, and Board via phone, email or in-person inquiries.
- Professional handling of confidential and sensitive material.
Team support and responsibilities include:
- Create reports on a weekly, monthly, quarterly, and as needed, basis for monitoring of campaign and annual giving progress
- Provide insight into, and analysis of, our database and donors to identify trends and opportunities for further cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Support Advancement events, such as annual Golf Tournament, Friday Night Lights, Spring Gala, Founder’s Day, and more, with advance logistics and/or day of event support.
- Continually look for new efficiencies and improvements to the current processes with the goal of creating a best practices gift processing and stewardship program.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience; non-profit or educational experience a plus
- Excellent computer skills with expertise in data and records management.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Raiser’s Edge, Google applications, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work effectively with an ethnic, cultural, and diverse student population.
- Excellent and effective oral and written communication skills.
- High level of initiative and ability to work independently.
- Strong organizational skills for multi-tasking and prioritizing responsibilities as situations arise in fast paced environment
- Must have the ability to work in a school environment by successfully passing the state mandated Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) check
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Positive appearance, attitude, and presentation with a strict sense of confidentiality
- Regular and consistent attendance and punctuality is required and a condition of employment.
Limitations and Disclaimer:
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. This job description reflects administration’s assignment of essential functions; and nothing in this herein restricts administration’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
Tonya Kalmes, Director of Institutional Advancement at tonyakalmes@catholicmemorial.