- Enrollment Management
Kents Hill School, Kents Hill, ME
Accredited by NEASC
Apply here by sending letter of interest and resume.
Do you want to work side-by-side with educational leaders who share your passions, value your contributions, and work collaboratively to address and solve societal challenges? Are you confident enough to push the envelope and savvy enough to navigate a nearly 200-year-old institution? Do you want to be part of a boarding school that equally values tradition and innovation? Do you want your home to be a place where most people come to vacation? Are you ready for the professional opportunity of a lifetime?
Kents Hill School is at a pivotal moment in its almost 200-year-old history. Our new Head of School has brought a clear educational vision, a global perspective, experience at both traditional boarding and international start-up schools, and a strengthened focus on developing the whole student through a balanced, intentional and purposeful curriculum. The foundation that has made Kents Hill one of the oldest boarding schools in the country, caring and deeply engaged faculty members who truly know each student, is stronger than ever. This position will serve as a key partner to our Head of School, be part of a highly collaborative senior leadership team and have the opportunity to shape the strategy and delivery of enrollment management and admissions.
- Lead the development, communication, implementation, and assessment of a strategic enrollment plan for attracting mission-appropriate students with a significant focus on retention and attrition, financial sustainability, and identification of new and emerging markets
- Provide meaningful, measurable, and regular reporting to the Head of School and Board of Trustees to inform decision-making and strategic planning
- Continuously demonstrate a deep understanding of admissions and enrollment trends that impact the independent school market on local, regional, national, and international levels
- Implement and interpret data, trends, and metrics to continuously refine strategy and direction
- Collaborate intentionally with internal stakeholders and engage with students, staff, and faculty to truly understand and articulate the Kents Hill experience
- Coach, mentor, and oversee a team of recruitment professionals
- Oversee the financial aid program including budget and strategic priorities
The ideal candidate will have:
- A proven track record of exceeding expectations and strong growth trajectory in past roles
- The ability to ask us questions that will make us stop and think
- A comfort working closely with high-school-aged students and experience building relationships across ages, cultures, and experiences
- A willingness to do what it takes to get things done and the creativity to wrestle with hard problems
- Demonstrated experience with balancing “big picture” strategic thinking and attention-to-detail
- An appreciation for brainstorming and collaboration across internal and external audiences
Flexible start date available.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Kents Hill School is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
How to Apply:
Please send letter of interest and resume to: HR@kentshill.org