The Center School, Greenfield, MA
Accredited by AISNE
The Center School was founded in 1981, under the umbrella non-profit organization the Northeast Foundation for Children. Sharing a desire to create a new educational model, the founding members—including Ruth Charney (author of Teaching Children to Care), Marlynn Clayton (author of Classroom Spaces that Work), Jay Lord and Chip Wood (author of Yardsticks)—all pooled their time, resources, and energy to create the first Center School class. As we approach our 40 year anniversary, the School is planning our exciting move to a new campus and beautiful new building just a few miles from our current location. This transition is a once in a lifetime opportunity for our community.
Located in the Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts, the Center School is a progressive, independent day school (preschool-8th grade), offering rigorous education for deep thinkers and creative spirits. Emphasizing academic learning while integrating social and emotional intelligence, the Center School fosters the building of community while celebrating the individual. Our program highlights opportunities for integrated hands-on learning, social justice work, problem-solving, ample time outdoors, and artistic expression.
Who We’re Looking For:
The Center School is seeking a charismatic, dynamic and hardworking Director of Admissions and Outreach. A key member of our core administrative team, the Director is the ambassador to the School. This person is also the decision-maker, tone setter, and strategist, focused on student recruitment, and admissions, as well as the marketing and outreach of the School’s program and brand. The Director is responsible for supervising all aspects of the Admissions and Outreach Office, and is the first point of contact for many people’s experience of the Center School. The Director’s duties include many tasks, skills, and responsibilities.
- Meet the enrollment objectives by enrolling a diverse group of students aligned with the Center School’s mission and culture
- Develop and manage an admissions experience that welcomes each family and student with warmth and care
- Design inspiring admissions and marketing materials and events
- Collaborate with our staff, students, and families to understand, reflect, and translate the Center School experience to the wider world
Experience and Qualities:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; Master’s degree preferred
- Admissions work in a school and/or marketing, branding and outreach for a nonprofit or school
- Commitment to social justice, diversity, and equity
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, including managing databases and budgets
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills, including exceptional writing and public speaking skills
- Passion for collaboration with multiple constituencies within the community
- Familiarity with computer applications such as Google Suite, Day School, Excel, and Constant Contact
- Proficiency in basic graphic design
- Sense of humor
- Love of children
- Contract begins July 1, 2020
- Year round position
- Monday through Friday, business hours, full time
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends when needed
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Director of Admissions and Outreach” in the subject line. The deadline for consideration is March 9th, 2020.
The Center School values the contributions of diverse people at every level of the organization and is therefore committed to equal opportunity in its employment policies and practices. The School expects standards of behavior from all staff that demonstrate respect for individual differences. The Center School shall not discriminate in matters of hiring, training, promoting, wages, layoff, discharge, working conditions or benefits on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status, National Guard or reserve unit obligations, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other protected class under the law.