- Alumni Relations
Meadowbrook School of Weston, Weston, MA
Accredited by NEASC
Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, the Director of Alumni and Parent Engagement will help advance the mission of Meadowbrook by developing and implementing multifaceted engagement and stewardship strategies for alumni and parents that lead to philanthropic growth for Meadowbrook.
The Director of Alumni and Parent Engagement is charged with working with the Chief Development Officer to actively involve alumni and parents in the life of the school and develop mutually beneficial relationships between Meadowbrook and its graduates and parents. In order to achieve this, the Director of Alumni and Parent Engagement needs to be a highly successful collaborator, facilitator, communicator and implementer – working with colleagues in the development office, and other campus departments, faculty, and students to celebrate the history of the school, develop and execute engagement opportunities, and foster a culture of philanthropy.
The Director of Alumni and Parent Engagement will take the lead in the development and execution of alumni, parent, and grandparent programs, development events, donor stewardship and effective volunteer management; communicating with alumni and parents via multiple channels; and developing long-lasting relationships on behalf of Meadowbrook. This is an exciting time to be part of the Meadowbrook Community as we celebrate our Centennial in 2023! This position will be key to the planning and execution of our Centennial Celebration.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Lead the parent engagement program by developing and implementing a strategy that supports the mission of Meadowbrook and goals of the Development Office. Primary aspects include building strong connectivity between the parent community and philanthropic opportunities at Meadowbrook.
- Liaise with the Parent Association Chairs and work with them to increase communication, engagement, and partnership between parents and the school.
- Create a robust parent volunteer structure utilizing the Parent Association Chairs and Room Parents as key partners in the development and execution of annual engagement programs of events and volunteer opportunities.
- Develop outreach to maximize connections and build strong institutional relationships with grandparents and parents of alumni.
- Manage the annual Grandparents Day and post-event follow up that includes solicitations.
- Lead the alumni engagement program by developing and implementing a strategy in support of Meadowbrook’s mission and the goals of the Development Office. Primary aspects include building strong connectivity between alumni, with the school and with each other and philanthropic opportunities at Meadowbrook.
- Deliver programming that builds pride and ownership in the school’s mission and success.
- Lead programming and special events including reunions that meet the needs of alumni throughout their life spans with emphasis on new- and young-alumni segments.
- Build a professional alumni and parent network through the LinkedIn platform and beyond, connecting alumni and parents so the Meadowbrook network becomes a resource for internships, summer jobs, employment opportunities, career advice and business connections.
- Increase alumni touchpoints with school including opportunities to speak with current students and a robust class notes section of the magazine.
- Develop a comprehensive plan to increase alumni participation.
- Build an alumni pipeline for annual and major gifts.
- Responsible for direct solicitation of alumni through personal meetings and contacts.
- Assist in the development and execution of our comprehensive stewardship strategy. Responsibilities include creating a stewardship outreach calendar for major touchpoints with donors.
- Develop creative ideas for stewarding individual donors as well as recognition events and gifts to thank and continue to cultivate current and former benefactors to Meadowbrook including the Bridges Society and Trustee Circle.
- Work with parent volunteers to manage the Meadowboutique.
- Work collaboratively with all members of the Development Team to promote fundraising initiatives among all constituencies, identify and cultivate prospective supporters of the Meadowbrook Fund and major gifts program.
- Manage Development and select school-wide events.
Position Knowledge/Skills & Abilities Requirements:
- Understanding of Meadowbrook’s history as well as familiarity with and endorsement of the school’s mission, culture, and values.
- Ability to establish credibility and confidence with stakeholders.
- Seek involvement of alumni, parents and guardians representing a wide diversity of backgrounds, perspectives, and accomplishments to ensure programs reflect the entire Meadowbrook community.
- Must have a sense of humor, exceptional collaboration and interpersonal skills, and the ability to be effective engaging both internal and external community members.
- Exceptional organizational, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to envision and propose new methods to perform tasks; take thoughtful risks; and accept new and ongoing initiatives, objectives, and solutions to gain sought-after results.
- Ability to anticipate and embrace change; demonstrate willingness to achieve, acquire, and utilize new skills and challenging tasks; and is flexible in changing conditions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Some night and weekend work required.
Bachelor's degree required; min of 4 years of development/alumni relations experience with preference for demonstrated experience in fundraising.
Interested applicants please apply with cover letter and resume via the Meadowbrook website:
- Parent Engagement