Xaverian Brothers High School, Westwood, MA
Accredited by NEASC
Xaverian Brothers High School in Westwood, MA is a Catholic, college-preparatory school for young men founded in 1963. The school enrolls approximately 965 day students in grades 7-12 from over 60 communities in eastern Massachusetts and Rhode Island.
Xaverian is seeking applicants for a Middle School/High School Choral Teacher. The successful candidate will also have a basic background in piano and guitar. Primary responsibilities of the choral director include: conducting the high school and middle school choral programs, conducting the X-Men acapella group, and directing the liturgical music ensemble. Applicants will have demonstrated content knowledge and pedagogic skill relative to music education. A history of collaborating with other educators, as well as the ability to maintain and adapt existing curricula to meet the ever changing needs of students is required. The ideal candidate will be comfortable using a variety of pedagogical and assessment tools, have a passion for educating young men, and a willingness to be involved in the school community beyond the classroom setting. Candidates should have a degree in Music, excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, as well as an enthusiasm for the school’s mission as a Catholic and Xaverian Sponsored School.
- Bachelor Degree in Music Education or Performance
- 2 years of experience as a choral director in secondary/post-secondary or collegiate educational setting preferred
- Advanced experience and repertoire of various music genres – classical, gospel, contemporary
- Piano proficiency, guitar proficiency is desired but not necessary
- Familiarity with audio production software
- A high level of musicianship and dedication to building a program
How To Apply:
Resume, cover letter, and three references should be submitted electronically to Ms. Amy Carr firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate CHORAL DIRECTOR SEARCH in the subject line. This is an immediate opening. Salary commensurate with experience; excellent benefits available. Resumes will be reviewed as they are received on a first come first serve basis.