Tower School, Marblehead, MA
Accredited by AISNE
Tower School is an independent PreK-8 school located in Marblehead, MA. Our mission is to teach our students to think critically and creatively, to develop joyful curiosity, to embrace challenge and apply their knowledge with confidence, and to thrive within a community rich with diverse perspectives and talents.
Tower seeks teaching faculty who demonstrate an interest in participating fully in the life and activities of a highly engaging elementary and middle school and will contribute to furthering Tower’s mission. Successful candidates will exhibit a great work ethic, a good sense of humor, strong written and verbal communication skills, and an ability to inspire young people.
Tower is looking for a part-time (30 hours/week + benefits) Director of Club TED (Tower Extended Day) to start August 2021. This is a 10-month position paid over 12 months.
The Director of Club TED is responsible for leading, developing, and enhancing afterschool programming for children at Tower. The goal is to provide a consistent, high-quality curriculum that reflects the mission of the school and meets the needs of children and families. The Director will be responsible for the program and the oversight of approximately 20 children per day and the supervision of two staff members.
Club TED provides a safe, and nurturing community for children at the conclusion of the academic school day. Children are invited to join group activities, cooperative projects, and independent exploration. The aim is to offer enriching and engaging academic and recreational activities that support the learning and growth of the whole child. The stimulating, friendly environment is open and flexible, allowing opportunities for children to initiate their own ideas and games, to rest, relax, and have fun at the end of a busy school day.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead, oversee, and participate in all Club TED programming
- Develop innovative offerings that are aligned with the Tower mission and provide a variety of opportunities that meet the diverse needs and interests of children and families in the community
- Support and mentor Club TED staff
- Create a collaborative culture by meeting regularly with staff, listening thoughtfully, and offering constructive feedback
- Coordinate administrative tasks of the role including but not limited to scheduling, management of registration, and billing
- Manage expenses and revenue of the program to meet a level of contribution as determined by the Administration
- Correlate marketing initiatives and strategies for the program with broader marketing goals of the School
- Serve as liaison between Club TED and the day school community of faculty and parents
- Meet regularly with Head of Lower School (direct supervisor) and other members of the administrative team as needed
Tower School is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Tower welcomes candidates who would add to the racial, cultural and gender balance of the School community. A teaching position is physically demanding and qualified candidates will need to exhibit appropriate abilities. Appropriate accommodations can be made where necessary.
Please email a resume and a statement of your teaching philosophy to Patti Gillis, Receptionist & Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org.