St. George's School, Middletown, RI
Accredited by NEASC
The Director of Data Management is a strategic and analytical leader who oversees the day to day operation of the data operations team. This position reports to the Director of Advancement. This is a great opportunity for a self-starter who will serve as Salesforce System Administrator for the newly implemented database, Affinaquest, and will manage all fundraising and engagement applications, research, and all financial operations within the Advancement Office. This person will work across all business areas with colleagues to define, scope and implement strategy while playing an active role in meeting the department’s fundraising goals. In addition, this person will work very closely with the fundraising staff to understand their needs and define system and business strategies to best utilize data to strengthen donor and constituent relationships. Consistent and innovative business practices will be important to ensure that St. George’s investment in its technology is leveraged. He/she will recognize that data is one of the school’s most important assets and will ensure the highest level of data quality. This position directly supervises the Advancement Systems and Research Administrator and the Data Entry Specialist.
Strategic Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Participation in regular meetings and goal setting with senior leadership to ensure that reports, system objectives, and business processes are aligned with current and future goals for the department and the school
- Serves as a liaison with the finance office; responsible for all fiscal data managed within Advancement including monthly and yearly reports, audits and reconciliation
- Responsible for all financial, board and official reporting for Advancement data
- Provide leadership with essential system data for analysis of fundraiser performance and special research projects, as needed, to streamline systems and processes
- Collaborate with Prospect Management Team to develop strategies for monitoring and tracking newly identified or newly engaged donors through the solicitation cycle while maintaining ownership of the donor pipeline
- Develops business process and system strategies to ensure that records are accurately maintained, regularly monitored and data quality is consistent. Regular review of available industry tools and services through Salesforce applications and other sources to determine what needs to be adopted by St. Georges
Management Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist the Director of Advancement in the general administration of the department, including monitoring the annual advancement budget and the oversight of purchasing procedures
- Manage the compliance and ethical standards of the data management team
- Ensure the timely and accurate data entry of gifts and/or biographic information, including receipts, gift coding, fund compliance, as well as compliance with IRS regulations of gift substantiation, FASB regulations, CASE guidelines for advancement accounts and school policies and procedures
- Manages the prospect and donor research program in support of the annual and campaign fundraising plans and goals
- Manages the preparation and maintenance of regular reports (trustee, gift income, pledge, campaign, prospect, financial, etc.) necessary to carry out the functions of the Advancement Office
- Lead prospect management and moves management meetings in partnerships with the Director of Advancement providing key reports, donor information and strategic assessments of prospect and proposal timeline
- Oversee the support of all Advancement events including, but not limited to, Alumni Weekend
Tactical Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for supporting all fundraising efforts through the development and implementation of St. George’s policies, procedures and Quick Reference Guides that clearly identify how all gift and donor records will be maintained on Salesforce, how gift and pledge information will be collected from gift officers and donors, and the dissemination of financial reporting and gift and biographical data to staff, alumni and parents, and other constituents. These procedures will include all areas of financial reconciliation and fiscal duties and includes working closely with the Director of Advancement on gift acceptance and compliance.
- Coordinate and prepare information for the year end audit and annual report
- Ensure the accuracy of the Salesforce database with clean up reports and other monitoring
- Work with the Advancement Systems and Research Administrator to produce accurate and timely NAIS, Cypress Group and other statistical and benchmarking reporting metrics
- Produce spreadsheets/status reports of specific projects for Trustee and Committee meetings
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred
- Requires an experienced advancement professional with 5-7 years of a proven successful track record as a leader, manager, and strategist in an increasingly complex higher education or non-profit organizational environment
- A goal-oriented, creative thinker who thrives on developing and implementing new strategies
- Proficiency with Salesforce (including Data Administrator skills) and Microsoft Excel is necessary. Familiarity with other applications including but not limited to Affinaquest, Apsona, Dataloader, Linvio and GiveCampus is preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of educational development activities (prospect identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship), with particular emphasis on information systems, prospect research, donor relations and office operations
- Must have strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize tasks
- An understanding of and appreciation for a team-oriented management style.
- A commitment to continued professional development
- Requires a high level of professionalism and integrity, superior ability to inspire and manage employees, excellent writing and communications skills, ability to process and maintain strictly confidential information, and a thorough knowledge of the School’s funding need
St. George’s School is an equal opportunity employer.