- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
The Fenn School, Concord, MA
Accredited by AISNE
The Director of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is a dynamic, far-reaching administrative position at The Fenn School. Acting as a resource, guide, curriculum designer, and strategic planner, the Director of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion leads the School’s efforts to make sure Fenn is an inclusive school community that values the variety of diversity enshrined in the School’s mission and inclusion policies. The individual is a member of the school’s Senior Leadership Team and reports directly to the Headmaster.
Primary Responsibilities: The Director of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
- Provides general and strategic leadership in the areas of diversity, equity, and inclusion at Fenn.
- Holds a senior administrative position, working with the Headmaster to develop school policies and initiatives, and address community issues.
- Acts as a resource for division heads, faculty, and staff to provide academic, emotional, and social support for students and families of diverse backgrounds.
- Collaborates with the Director of the Academic Program and Academic Department Chairs to ensure that the school’s curriculum reflects the diversity of our community, to create internal, on-campus professional development, and to identify and publicize external diversity-related professional development opportunities.
- Supports the Headmaster and the Director of Faculty and Professional Development in the school’s efforts to recruit and retain faculty and staff from underrepresented groups.
- Supervises and mentors the Assistant Director of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, and the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Associate.
- Oversees and coordinates community education programs for faculty, staff, students, and parents about issues related to diversity including the Fenn Diversity Institute, the annual Multicultural Educators’ Forum, community diversity assemblies (i.e., MLK Remembrance Day, Respecting Difference Days, Cultural Arts Festival), and the annual year-end community diversity retreat
- Leads student Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion committee programming.
- Oversees Parent Affinity Group for Diversity and Inclusivity and the Faculty and Staff Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committees; acts as a liaison to the Fenn Parents’ Association.
- Works with the Admission Office as a member of the admissions committee, and helps recruit, welcome, and retain students and families from diverse backgrounds.
- Participates in the Diversity, Enrollment, and Financial Aid Committee of the Board of Trustees as a standing member.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Teaching, coaching, and advising responsibilities.
- Participating in duties pertaining to the supervision of students (i.e., morning drop-off and afternoon pick-up, recess, lunch, etc.)
Interested candidates are asked to submit a letter of interest, resume, statement of educational philosophy, and contact information for professional references via email attachment to Nat Carr, Director of Faculty and Professional Development, at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Receipt of materials will be acknowledged via email.