- Enrollment Management
Tenacre Country Day School, Wellesley, MA
Accredited by AISNE
Apply here by emailing a resume, letter of interest and a personal statement/statement of educational philosophy to Jane Armstrong and/or Bill Lyons at Independent Thinking. All inquiries will be treated confidentially.
Tenacre Country Day School (www.tenacrecds.org) is an independent coeducational Pre-Kindergarten-Grade Six school serving 196 students. Founded in 1910 as the lower division of Dana Hall School, Tenacre became a fully independent entity in 1972. Enrolling students from more than 25 towns, Tenacre is located in the beautiful Boston suburb of Wellesley, approximately 30 minutes from the city. It is a school that highly values relationships, community, and diversity; 14% of faculty and 23% of students identify as individuals of color. Tenacre graduates Sixth Graders who are strong communicators, strong writers and good self advocates.
Tenacre welcomed a new Head of School, Will Crissman, with the beginning of the 2018-19 school year.
Mission and Philosophy
Tenacre Country Day School nurtures and challenges each child, every day. It is committed to:
- Providing a thorough academic preparation for students through a well-defined program that fosters a love of learning and thinking, the confidence to take risks and the commitment to effort
- Encouraging the social, emotional, creative and physical development of students to nurture the growth of individual character
- Promoting a diverse and inclusive environment and community, which engenders a respect for the similarities and differences of all people
- Developing an environmentally responsible community by adopting sustainable practices.
As a school dedicated to providing an elementary education, Tenacre values the importance of team teaching, the strong partnership between parents and staff, and the meaningful participation of each child in daily school life. We expect each sixth grader to leave Tenacre as a confident learner, critical thinker and caring citizen. As a community of children and adults, we strive to work hard, to find joy and to be kind.
Tenacre seeks a dynamic, strategic, and entrepreneurial independent school admissions professional to serve as Director of Enrollment Management with responsibility for leading student recruitment, evaluation, enrollment, and retention efforts. He or she will report to the Head of School and serve as a member of the senior administrative team. The Director of Enrollment Management will:
- Develop comprehensive recruitment, admissions and retention strategies to meet Tenacre’s enrollment goals
- Serve as a compelling ambassador for the school, thoughtfully building relationships with inquiring parents, sending schools, and educational consultants
- Provide leadership, management and inspiration to the admissions office staff and others in the school who support admissions efforts
- Utilize an analytic, data-aware approach to guide admissions efforts and the allocation of financial assistance (15% of the school’s operating budget, a bit more than $1M, is directed to financial assistance)
- Partner with others at Tenacre to encourage admissions’ interest from both existing and new markets by developing and implementing marketing and communications efforts that capture and promote the school.
Tenacre’s next Director of Enrollment Management will be an enthusiastic, energetic school professional who authentically enjoys young children and who understands well both the art and science of admissions. Embracing Tenacre’s mission and community, the successful candidate will be:
- Highly relational, connecting warmly and joyfully with parents, students and faculty, and adept at building strong relationships and partnerships on behalf of the school to continue to grow and sustain a diverse and inclusive community
- An individual with enviable communication skills, as a listener, writer and speaker, and who will thrive in the role as Tenacre’s chief admissions ambassador
- Strategic, creative, and goal-oriented
- Highly knowledgeable of today’s admissions processes, target marketing, prospect developmentand possessing and understanding of the strategic use of social media platforms
- A positive manager and collaborator, understanding how to inspire, motivate and partner with others in a school community
- Enthusiastic, passionate, with a sense of humor and a strong work ethic
- Highly organized, a self-starter and a problem-solver
The ideal candidate will be an experienced independent school admissions professional characterized by enthusiasm and the ability to serve as a compelling ambassador for the mission of Tenacre. This is a wonderful opportunity to join a strong school community, work with a new head of school and build upon a strong admissions program.
All inquiries will be treated confidentially. Please forward electronically a resume, letter of interest and a personal statement/statement of educational philosophy to:
Jane Armstrong and/or Bill Lyons
Tenacre considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any non-job related physical or mental disability. As an inclusive community, we welcome candidates who will increase the diversity of our school.