- Summer Programs
Fay School, Southborough, MA
Accredited by AISNE
The Director of Summer Academics provides supervision and development of the English Immersion and Academic Adventures Summer Programs. This person reports to the Director of Auxiliary Programs and works collaboratively with other academic leaders at Fay School to provide appropriate academic programming during the summer camps. This person is responsible for communicating with and supervising the summer teachers, setting up meetings to review the curriculum, overseeing progress reports, and communicating with families when necessary. Quality supervision, flexibility, respect for cultural differences, and creative problem solving are all a must.
The position will begin with pre-camp planning in preparation for English Immersion and Academic Adventure programs opening on July 12, 2020. When camp is in session, the normal work schedule is 7:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
A bachelor’s degree and previous experience supervising teachers or camp staff. A proven record of developing a curriculum and creating engaging academic programming for ages 10 – 15. Strong knowledge of English Immersion programming and the ability to communicate with international families. Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills. This leadership position demands strong organizational skills, attention to detail and as well as the ability to work independently and as part of team.
- Supervising academic teachers of English Immersion and Academic Adventures
- Organizing and administering progress reports for English Immersion and Academic Adventures
- Developing curriculum to be used in English Immersion and Academic Adventures
- Communicating with families of students in English Immersion and Academic Adventures
- Resolving any disciplinary issues
- Being the main point of contact regarding English Immersion and Academic Adventures
- Providing strong customer service and maintaining positive public relations with students and parents while responding to telephone, email, and in-person contacts.
- Ensure smooth transition for campers between residential, academic and day camp.
Interested candidates should send a resume, a cover letter detailing why they would be a great fit for FaySummer, and list of three references via email with the subject line “Director of Academic Programs” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fay School, 48 Main Street, Southborough, MA 01772
Fay School is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic background, age, disability, or military service in its hiring, employment or other programs and activities.