- Information Technology
The Rashi School, Dedham, MA
Accredited by AISNE
The Rashi School seeks a dynamic, experienced leader with demonstrated financial, strategic and operational acumen to fill the position of Director of Finance and Operations beginning July 2019. This is an extraordinary opportunity to be a key member of the management team and a major contributor to The Rashi School’s strategic planning.
Reporting directly to the Head of School, the Director of Finance and Operations manages a team of professionals and support staff tasked with financial reporting, budgeting, planning, purchasing, collections, legal compliance, technology infrastructure, risk management, and human resources management. The position requires close collaboration with the Head of School, Administrative Council, faculty, students, staff, parents, and the Board of Trustees to shape the future of a remarkable K-8 school that offers students a unique concentration in multi-generational learning and social justice.
Responsibilities and Project Areas
- Provide organizational leadership on planning, resource allocation, and operational matters to meet the mission objectives of the school.
- Serve as a strategic advisor and functional expert to the senior team regarding matters of operational growth and the underlying financial strategy. Provide advice and counsel to the Head of School on matters of importance for the shool's health and sustainability regarding human resources, operations, physical plant, technology, financial resource management, and risk management.
- Partner with members of the senior team to enable a culture of learning and support for all staff through professional development, opportunities for on-the-job training, learning/stretch assignments. lead, supervise and articulate all business and financial activities.
- Provide leadership and participate in the development and management of the annual operating budget, with an inclusive and comprehensive budgeting process.
- Integrate new software to employ financial analysis and multifaceted modeling to produce strategic financial planning, including sensitivity/ scenario analysis, long-range budgets, cash flow management, quarterly and annual financial statements, commentary and forecasting for the Head of School, senior team, Board of Trustees and others.
- Develop new pathways of affordability to lead the school's annual $2.3 M financial aid program.
- Lead the project task force to bring on a school lunch program and capital improvements.
- Oversight of all areas of risk management. Maintain appropriate levels of insurance to protect the property and the potential liabilities of the School. Ensure compliance with all fiduciary and regulatory obligations concerning the school's financial position and holdings.
- Primary relationship with auditors, legal counsel, insurance broker, bank and investment institutions
Attributes and Qualifications
- Demonstrated leadership in finance, accounting, human resources and operations in complex non-profit organizations with multiple departments and an operating budget excess of $8M.
- Ability to develop, implement, manage and garner support for business systems and processes that support the goals of the school.
- Strategic and visionary thinking that drives organization efforts.
- Ability to deliver on ambitious goals and benchmarks.
- Exceptional listening, verbal, written, presentation skills with a trust-building focus and ability to lead interpersonally and through delegation.
- Curious, creative and energetic.
- Experience in a broad range of financial and investment matters
- Mastery of generally accepted accounting principles
- Proficiency with applicable technology, including Microsoft office and large scale multi-modular databases
- Bachelor's degree is required. MBA desired.
To apply, send cover letter, resume, and professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.