Miss Hall's School, Pittsfield, MA
Accredited by NEASC
Miss Hall’s School inspires and encourages each girl to pursue the highest standards of learning and character; to contribute boldly and creatively to the common good; and to seek a purposeful life based on honor, respect, growth, and personal authenticity.
At Miss Hall’s School, we champion social justice; insist that all community members demonstrate respect for each other through words and actions; and affirm that diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to learning and problem solving, discovery and personal growth, and cultivating empathy and cultural competency. Guided by these beliefs, and with the understanding that being an inclusive community requires ongoing work and commitment, we foster cross-cultural dialogue and allyship to honor and celebrate our diverse community.
Miss Hall’s School seeks a full-time Director of Individual Giving to join a high-functioning Advancement Team with demonstrated success in meeting and exceeding ambitious fundraising goals. The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of experience in major gifts fundraising, will enjoy a high level of social interaction, and will be passionate about empowering girls. The candidate will demonstrate a commitment to nurturing positive relationships across a diverse constituent base, a desire to work in a truly collaborative environment, and a willingness to travel to enhance the visibility and success of the School.
The Director of Individual Giving at Miss Hall’s will:
- Articulate the MHS mission and vision and skillfully connect donor interests with funding opportunities
- Spend at least 80% of their time actively managing and developing a prospect pool of 120 major gift prospects aimed at securing funding from private philanthropic sources;
- Travel at least 40% of the time to cultivate and solicit major gifts;
- Manage and update a portfolio though proper database management, ensuring all prospect activities and communications are accurately tracked and recorded in a timely manner (experience with Raiser’s Edge is preferred);
- Develop individual engagement strategies for top prospects and methodically work to engage prospects through the moves management process (qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship) while also achieving annual metrics for visits, meaningful contacts, and dollars raised;
- Work with select reunion classes to engage alums around reunion;
- Collaborate with colleagues to achieve ambitious team goals, raising together $5-10 million per year in support of Miss Hall’s;
- Understand popular planned giving vehicles; and
- Involve and manage school leadership in face-to-face cultivation, solicitation, renewal, and stewardship actions for top major donors and donors-to-be.
Email cover letters and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org