Glen Urquhart School, Beverly, MA
Accredited by AISNE
Apply here by sending a cover letter, resume, and list of three references with the subject line “Director of Communications.”
Position Begins January 28, 2019
Description: Glen Urquhart School, a Pre-K to grade 8 independent day school 45 minutes north of Boston, seeks a Director of Marketing + Communications. The successful candidate will lead and direct all aspects of the school’s marketing, communications, and brand strategy contributing to the retention of current families, attraction of new prospects, and increased awareness of the GUS brand. Knowledge of proven marketing techniques, capacity for strategic, data-driven planning, strong interpersonal skills, excellent oral and written communication abilities, and sound managerial and organizational abilities are essential. The Director of Marketing + Communications is an individual contributor but collaborates with the offices of admission and advancement and manages the Communications Coordinator. The Director reports to the head of school and is a member of the senior leadership team. This is a year-round position with benefits.
Qualifications: We seek a motivated and flexible leader who understands independent educational environments and who can work in a cooperative, dynamic setting. This position requires a bachelor’s degree (master’s degree preferred) and a minimum of five years of relevant experience. Candidates should possess excellent writing and graphic design skills and should be comfortable using the Adobe Creative Suite and CMS. Candidates should also demonstrate a working knowledge of print, online, and social media marketing as well as the ability to conduct market research and analysis. GUS celebrates the diversity of our school and the 25 local communities we serve including diversity of race, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, and geographic and ethnic origin. Candidates who will enhance and support this community are especially encouraged to apply.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Supporting and promoting the mission and philosophy of the school
· Leading and directing communications across all offices of the school including head of school, admission, advancement, and auxiliary programs
· Collaborating with admission and advancement on events, promotions, alumni communications, and development initiatives
· Coordinating all communication channels for strategic, internal, and alumni audiences
· Establishing brand strategy and representing the school across the North Shore
· Creating and executing a media plan for the school to include advertising, articles, publicity, and promotions
· Defining the creative direction and strategy of photography, video, and related communication projects
· Conducting and analyzing market research and reporting relevant statistics
· Establishing and managing relevant budgets
· Presence in the life of the school, such as drop off/pick up, faculty meetings, etc.
Salary to be determined based on experience and education. Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and list of three references with the subject line “Director of Communications” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Glen Urquhart School, 74 Hart Street, Beverly Farms, MA 01915
Glen Urquhart School is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic background, age, disability, or military service in its hiring, employment or other programs and activities.