Brookwood School, Manchester, MA
Accredited by AISNE
Brookwood is an Early Childhood through Grade 8 independent school of 300 students located on a beautiful 30-acre wooded campus in Manchester, MA on the coast of the North Shore of Boston. At Brookwood, kids come first—not the test, not trophies, not to-do lists. We know how kids learn best. Every day, we use our expertise to challenge kids intellectually and ensure they feel valued so that they can grow into their best selves. Our program focuses on building 21 st century skills and graduating students of conscience, character, compassion, and cultural competence. Brookwood also offers a playful, collaborative work environment for 90 faculty and staff who go the extra mile to do what is best for kids.
Brookwood seeks an enthusiastic caretaker to lead the maintenance of our physical plant; who would be responsible for all building and grounds related functions for a 150,000 square foot building, two rental properties and 30 acres of grounds.
Ideal Experience and Characteristics The ideal candidate would have a working knowledge of plumbing, HVAC, electrical, lighting, fire alarm and suppression systems, school safety and security, plowing, maintenance equipment, cleaning, event set up, parking and traffic control, construction, general building maintenance and repair and experience with outdoor/grounds maintenance. The ideal candidate would have previous experience working in a setting that required prioritizing and executing requests from many people. They would have a positive, encouraging demeanor with students, and cultural competency for working in an inclusive community.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for all building and grounds related functions for a 150,000 square foot building, two rental properties and 30 acres of grounds.
- Maintaining the campus plumbing, HVAC, electrical, lighting, fire alarm and suppression systems, school safety and security, plowing, maintenance equipment, cleaning, event set up, parking and traffic control, construction, general building maintenance and repair and experience with outdoor/grounds maintenance.
- This is a hands-on position requiring physical labor that works with a supporting team to execute the functions above.
- Long hours, nights and weekends may be required for events, snow storms or building emergencies.
- Oversees 4-6 employees and a contract cleaning service.
- Receives, organizes, prioritizes and completes work orders.
- Works with outside vendors for supplies, contract maintenance and contract repair when in-house is not possible.
- This position is a member of our Leadership Team and they report to the Director of Operations.
- Serves as a member of our Emergency Response Team, and they may be expected to be the liaison with emergency services, the fire department, and the local police departments.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and résumé to Doug Fodeman, Director of Technology and Operations, email@example.com.
- Physical Plant