St John's Prep School, Danvers, MA
Accredited by NEASC
St. John’s Prep is an inclusive, Catholic, Xaverian Brothers Sponsored School for young men in grades 6 through 12. Founded on the Xaverian values of compassion, humility, simplicity, trust, and zeal, we educate students to be, do and stand for good in the world. We enroll 1,500 students from more than 80 communities.
The Director of Student Accounts and Cash Receipts reports to the Chief Financial Officer and is responsible for all aspects of student billing, overseeing student accounts, and processing all cash receipts for the school. In addition, the Director of Student Accounts and Cash Receipts will provide general ledger and reporting support for the Finance Department and will act as back-up for other members of the Finance team as needed.
- Accurately bill, monitor and record all student accounts to assure collection of tuition and other student fees
- Maintain an effective working relationship with other offices, such as Admissions and Advancement
- Treat families with respect and tact. Information dealt with strict confidentiality.
- Collect overdue accounts accomplished in a way that maintains good on-going relationships with families
- Record all cash receipts efficiently and accurately
- Coordinate bi-weekly transfer of funds for payroll and accounts payable disbursements
- Manage banking relationship and works closely with Banking Cash Management team
- Coordinate with the Advancement Office to assure accurate record keeping.
- serve as back-up for other business office functions, especially AP and General Ledger
- Answer phone calls promptly and courteously
- Format letters, reports and other printed materials well and free from error, present to represent the School positively
- Comply with all relevant School record keeping requirements
- Serve as a member of the tuition assistance committee which assesses family financial capacity and proposes tuition assistance for those applicants
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- 2+ years of related experience, preferably in accounts receivable and collections
- Computer literacy in a Windows environment with strong Word, Excel and accounting database software skills.
- Familiarity with the suite of Blackbaud products (Raiser’s Edge, Financial Edge), FACTS Management System, and Veracross.
- Great customer service orientation and people skills
- Highly organized with multi-tasking capability to manage multiple projects to deadline
Interested candidates are asked to send a cover letter and résumé to Tracii Schaeublin, Director of Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org.