Kents Hill School, Kents Hill, ME
Accredited by NEASC
Apply here and include "Director of Residential & Student Life" in the subject line.
Kents Hill School is at a pivotal moment in its almost 200-year-old history. Our new Head of School has brought a clear educational vision, a global perspective, experience at both traditional boarding and international start-up schools, and a strengthened focus on developing the whole student through a balanced, intentional, and purposeful curriculum. The foundation that has made Kents Hill one of the oldest boarding schools in the country, caring and deeply engaged faculty members who truly know each student, is stronger than ever. Our 225 students grades 9-PG hail from 25 states and over 20 countries. Our small size allows for a transformative educational experience rooted in community, character, and values.
This position, with a start date of July 2019, is a key leadership role responsible for the creation of a vibrant weekend and residential experience for all students at Kents Hill. This person will join a strong student life team focused on building respectful, courageous, resilient, thoughtful, and engaged citizens of the world. They will partner closely with the Dean of Students and the Director of Athletics to build a co-curricular program that is impactful, inclusive, purposeful, and fun.
The ideal candidate will be:
● Committed to generating happiness, fostering a sense of community, and developing an inclusive student life program.
● A community builder who develops rich programming to meet student needs.
● Able to create a co-curricular program that offers relevant and engaging options for both the day and boarding student populations.
● Someone with a vision for what a boarding school can and should offer to its students and the attention to detail to bring ideas to fruition.
● A collaborator who understands the importance of balancing the academic and co-curricular lives of students.
● Excited to collaborate with faculty to ensure that every student has at least one trusted adult in their life.
● Committed to building a residential experience for all students that is respectful, inclusive, and engaging.
● An individual with energy and enthusiasm, outstanding people skills, a sense of humor, and meaningful experience working with adolescents.
● Culturally competent with skills for engaging with and learning from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Kents Hill School is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
How to Apply: Please send letter of interest and resume to HR@kentshill.org.
- Residential Life
- Student Life