- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
The Cambridge School of Weston, Weston, MA
Accredited by NEASC
Job Description: 11-month, Exempt full-time administrative.
CSW is hiring an early career administrator to work in the Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI). This is a wonderful opportunity for someone who aspires to pursue administration in schools, is passionate about advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in an educational setting, and is interested in working with and developing youth. The Director of Student Programs for Equity and Inclusion reports to and is a thought partner for the Dean of Equity and Inclusion in designing and implementing community programming.
A successful candidate will be collaborative; have strong interpersonal skills; will value progressive, student-centered education; will demonstrate an ability to make strong connections with students; and will be excited to work with students in a variety of settings. Applicants should have a strong foundation in cultural competencies and equity literacy skills, have excellent organizational and project management skills, and be a creative self-starter.
- Supports the work of the Dean of Equity and Inclusion, including planning and executing programming/presentations for the school community (Social Justice Day, assemblies, heritage month celebrations, etc.)
- Helps to manage the DEI ambassadors (student leaders working in the office
- Works with others to develop student leadership programming and opportunities
- Assists the deans with opening-of-school programs, orientations, and activities
- Manages and supports affinity, interest, and alliance (AIA) groups
- Serves as faculty advisor for IDEA (Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, Action) Committee, and manages the programming that comes out of that group
- Manages and supports students involved in SDLC (Student Diversity Leadership Conference), AISNE Student of Color Conference, etc. throughout the year, including chaperoning conferences and related activities
- Helps to coordinate school visits from prep programs (ABC, White Foundation, etc.)
- Attends “Core” weekly meetings with student-facing administrators to discuss issues of student concern
- May teach courses, coach, and/or advise
- Lives on campus and serves as an active member of the residential community
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor of arts degree or equivalent required
- Strong desire to work with adolescents in a residential setting
- Experience working with adolescents
- Comfort engaging students and adults in conversations about diversity, equity, and inclusion concepts
- The ability to think critically about equity issues
The qualifications and skills listed here are representative of what is necessary to effectively perform the essential duties. The list is intended to be illustrative but not comprehensive.
To Apply for This Position:
Please send a résumé, cover letter, and three references to DEIsearch20firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls, please.
Deadline for Application: The position will remain open until filled.
A leader among America’s progressive independent schools, The Cambridge School of Weston (CSW) has been at the forefront of educational innovation since 1886. At this day and boarding high school located in Weston MA, creative, motivated students embrace challenging work and address complex questions — with curiosity and courage. Inspired by the diverse perspectives and high expectations of our justice-minded community, they find and develop what is extraordinary in themselves and in the world around them. CSW's mission is to provide a progressive education that emphasizes deep learning, meaningful relationships, and a dynamic program that inspires students to discover who they are and what their contribution is to their school, their community, and the world.
The Cambridge School of Weston does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, retaliation, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, disability, mental illness, genetics, choice of health insurance, marital status, age, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable law. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates who will increase our diversity to apply.
- Student Life