- Information Technology
Cambridge Montessori School, Cambridge, MA
Accredited by AISNE and AMS
Cambridge Montessori School seeks a dynamic, innovative Director of Technology. The Director of Technology’s essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Work with Program Directors to define and implement the role of technology at CMS.
- Develop and implement the school’s Approriate Use Policy.
- Serve as member of the Administrative Team and appropriate committees.
- Direct the formulation of long-range technology plans for CMS.
- Prepare annual operating and capital budgets for technology.
- Provide “desktop” support to all users within the CMS community.
- Coordinate both in-house and outside training opportunities in technology-related applications.
- Administer/oversee school-wide electronic mail, Internet, and network access systems in all three separate buildings on campus.
- Work directly with 3rd party support (e.g. OnIT) to identify and coordinate advanced networking issues and solutions.
- Maintain an inventory of all hardware, software and electronic media.
- Perform major software implementations and minor hardware repairs.
- Work with vendors to effect major hardware repairs
- Position CMS for appropriate future upgrades in both hardware and software.
- Administer/oversee current school-wide phone system.
Regarding the Academic Program
- Work with the Librarian, and with the Academic Program Directors and Teachers, to support the integration of educational technology at all curriculum Levels.
Regarding Adminstrative Support
- Analyze administrative needs. Research and recommend information and communication systems to the business manager and administrative department and division heads.
Regarding 3rd Party Support Services
- Coordinate all technology vendors and service providers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform these essential duties. This list is intended to be illustrative, but not exhaustive. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job, unless these accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the school.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Minimum bachelors degree with specific training in computer science and its use in the educational setting. Familiarity with independent schools and some teaching experience are helpful but not required.
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND/OR ABILITIES:
- Fundemental desire and ability to continue to learn.
- Understanding of appropriate uses of technology in the educational setting.
- Specific administrative experience with Google Apps for Education.
- Current knowledge of available and emerging technologies, especially with regard to schools.
- Understanding of, and experience with, a multi-platform environment, using Chromebook, Apple, and Windows operating systems.
- Basic understanding of network equipment and procedures, and ideally familiarity with Meraki networking hardware and configuration.
- Understanding of administrative and business operations of the school.
- Ability to effectively train faculty and staff in technology use appropriate to their position.
- Understanding of library functions and information delivery.
- Ability to envision future trends and applications in technology.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of sound teaching strategies.
- Motivation and initiative.
- Professionalism in personnel relationships.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to plan adequately and implement plans effectively.
- Experience in budget development, implementation and monitoring.
- Excellent technical and problem solving skills.
- Flexibility, patience, and a sense of humor.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job, unless these accommodations would impose an undue hardship upon the school.
- The employee has to ascend and descend stairs.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.