- Information Technology
Notre Dame Academy, Hingham, MA
Accredited by NEASC
Notre Dame Academy, a Catholic school sponsored by Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur, educates and empowers young women in grades 7-12. We are an academically rigorous learning community that cultivates life-long learners, critical thinkers, and open-minded leaders committed to social justice. We welcome students of all religious traditions guiding them in their personal faith formation and inspiring them to see the goodness of God as we honor the dignity of the individual and care for all creation.
The Director of Technology and Infrastructure will provide vision and management of our information technology needs at Notre Dame Academy. The Director’s responsibilities include liaising with Leadership, stakeholders, vendors, and other departments. This position is responsible for determining various departmental technology requirements and overall school requirements, developing and implementing solutions that meet these requirements and ensuring that they are aligned with our organization's objectives and long-term goals. The Director of Technology and Infrastructure must also work with Assistant Principal for Curriculum and Technology Integration in finding new opportunities for the creative use of emerging technologies to support and enrich Notre Dame Academy’s academic environment.
To be successful as Director of Technology and Infrastructure, candidates should be a hands-on “roll up your sleeves” professional with excellent technical aptitude, the ability to prioritize initiatives, effective project management experience, as well as superior people management skills. An outstanding Director of Technology and Infrastructure will be an excellent collaborator and able to ensure smooth, secure, and consistently updated technical operations within the organization and our community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Director of Technology and Infrastructure Responsibilities:
· Inventory — Analysis/Verification: Network/Hardware/Software (subscriptions)
- Budget — Help Identify Capital Needs and Expense Review/ Day to Day ROI on
- TechnologyDisaster Recovery — for both on and off campus staff/facultySet standards and SLAs for support team
- State and Federal policy compliance adherence
- IT Best Practices, including policies and procedures
- Collaborates with leadership team for technical alignment in all departments.
- Assists in student information systems evaluation and management;
- Responsible for facilitating technical training of faculty and staff.
- Responsible for security training and standards for all NDA systems
- Assists in website maintenance and development; faculty/staff, student and parent portals
- Collaborates with Director of Facilities on infrastructure needs/projects
- Manage IT staffing including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, professional development, and evaluation and provide backup for members of the IT staff as needed.
- Project manager and implementor of all system upgrades and installs with regular status reports to leadership
- Oversee database management and the management of student information system.
- Collaborates with Assistant Principal for Curriculum and Technology Integration, faculty, administration and other stakeholders, and assists in planning and developing academic technology needs
- Coordinates the purchasing, alignment, life cycle and vendor management of all technology equipment with Chief Financial Officer
- Maintains confidentiality, security and integrity of all Notre Dame Academy data and information.
- Member of leadership team, serves on and presents to Board committees, as requested.
- Must be available for occasional off hour support and school events
- Other duties not listed, as requested.
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND PROFICIENCIES REQUIRED
- Office 365 proficient – (DLP/Spam, security and messaging)
- Networking and switching technologies
- Cyber security (web, server and endpoint)
- VMWare or other virtual technologies
- SAN technologies
- AV technology (smartboards and projectors)
- Active Directory, group policy and Azure management
- SonicWall or other firewall and VPN technologies
- VOIP and telephony technologies
- SSO, MFA and Identity management
- Virtual classroom and meeting technologies
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelors Degree in computer science or comparable experience preferred
- 5+ years of management experience in Information Technology – academic environment preferred
- Technical certifications desired
- Working knowledge of academic IT operations, systems, and infrastructure
- Excellent collaboration, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Strong management and project management skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Flexibility, creativity and a sense of humor
- Competitive pay
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Company-paid life insurance and disability insurance
- 403(b) plan – employer match
- Paid vacation (4 weeks), holidays, sick and personal time
- Flexible spending plans for both medical and dependent care
Helen Mahon, CFO firstname.lastname@example.org