Dana Hall School, Wellesley, MA
Accredited by NEASC
Dana Hall School seeks an experienced, part-time Theatre Director for the Performing Arts Department beginning in the fall of 2020. Responsibilities will include teaching classes in both the Upper and Middle School divisions on acting and directing skills, as well as content in costume design, playwriting, and producing. The position also is responsible for the direction of multiple major theatre performances per year, including plays and musicals in both divisions.
The ideal candidate will possess most or all of the following qualifications:
- Proven excellence in theatre production, including acting, directing, playwriting, stage management, producing, and costume design, preferably in both professional and school settings
- Depth of knowledge of contemporary theatre and the ability to distill concepts for young artists
- Experience teaching a range of ages of students in both workshop and discussion formats
- Strong capability for logistics, problem-solving, and calendaring
- Experience or willingness to manage a costume collection and shop
Dana Hall School seeks candidates who will contribute to and are committed to diversity and inclusive educational practices.