Dana Hall School, Wellesley, MA
Accredited by NEASC
Dana Hall School seeks a full-time Director of Theatre for family leave coverage from November 1 to December 18, 2020. Responsibilities will include teaching classes in both the Upper and Middle School divisions on acting and directing skills, as well as content in costume design, playwriting, and producing.
The ideal candidate will possess most or all of the following qualifications:
- Proven excellence in theatre production, including acting, directing, playwriting, stage management, producing, and costume design, preferably in both professional and school settings
- Depth of knowledge of contemporary theatre and the ability to distill concepts for young artists
- Experience teaching a range of ages of students in both workshop and discussion formats
- Strong capability for logistics, problem-solving, and calendaring
- Ability to provide engaging experiences for both in-person and online learners
Dana Hall School seeks candidates who will contribute to and are committed to diversity and inclusive educational practices.