Kingsley Montessori School, Boston, MA
Accredited by AISNE, AMS
Apply here by sending a cover letter describing your interest in the position with overview of your background and experience with children and education, a statement of educational philosophy and a current resume to Karen Diamond, Assistant to the Head of School.
Kingsley is looking for applicants for the position of Early Childhood Lead Teacher. We seek reflective, intentional educators who are looking to contribute to a progressive Montessori curriculum, pedagogy and principles. As a Lead Teacher, this individual will share responsibility for all aspects of our students’ classroom experience and for developing strong partnerships with parents and colleagues. Other important duties include advancing your professional and personal growth and fulfilling administrative duties. All teachers attend regular meetings, observe, advise, and serve as a mentor and role model for other faculty in the areas of curriculum management, classroom schedules, record keeping, student needs, and the classroom environment. Early Childhood Lead Teachers report to the Early Childhood Director of Education.
Please visit our website at www.kingsley.org for more information.
Located in the heart of Boston’s Back Bay, Kingsley is an independent day school guided by a unique blend of Montessori philosophy and innovative programming. Kingsley offers a Montessori education tailored to the talents, curiosity, and growth of each student. Our progressive, inquiry-based programs cultivate students’ social and academic development, and prepare them to advance successfully to top public and independent middle schools. Our program’s commitment to knowing every child and to partnering with parents propels each student to access his or her potential.
● BA/BS degree required and MA degree preferred
● American Montessori Society (AMS) or Association Montessori Internationale (AMI) teaching credentials required
● Minimum of three years teaching experience
● Experience with a variety of instructional methods and multi-age learning environments
● Ability to work collaboratively with faculty to enhance curriculum and community
● Commitment to meeting the needs of each child
● Commitment to professional growth and best practices in education
● Competitive, independent school salaries
● Matching 403b plan
● Dental, Health, and Flexible Spending (FSA)
● Extensive, professional development opportunities, including Montessori training
● Qualified transportation program
● Tuition reimbursement for eligible employees seeking Montessori certification
● Kingsley tuition remission of up to 50% for eligible children of full-time employees
TO APPLY, CANDIDATES SHOULD SEND THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION BY EMAIL:
● A cover letter describing your interest in the position with overview of your background and experience with children and education
● A statement of educational philosophy
● A current resume
APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE SENT TO:
Assistant to the Head of School