Kents Hill School, Kents Hill, ME
Accredited by NEASC
Kents Hill School, one of the oldest boarding schools in the country, has a foundation of caring and deeply engaged faculty members who truly know each student. Our 180 students, grades 9-PG hail from 25 states and over 20 countries. Our small size allows for a transformative educational experience rooted in community, character, and values. Our academic leadership team supports teachers, while also encouraging all members of the community to be lifelong learners as together we positively shape all aspects of student learning. Kents Hill School is looking for an educational intern to join our community and support all aspects of our living and learning community, with a particular focus on performing arts.
This position includes a stipend, room, board, and access to our 400-acre campus that is nestled in the midst of the Belgrade Lakes, access to our state-of-the-art facilities including the Bodman Performing Arts Center, the Alfond Athletics Center, and the O’Connor Alpine Center. This is an ideal position for a recent college graduate who is looking for professional teaching experience, the opportunity to live, learn, and enjoy an active outdoor lifestyle, and the ability to join a wonderful and supportive educational community.
- Live in a dorm and act as a dorm parent to a group of high school-aged students
- Support teachers across the disciplines through substitute teaching and academic support
- Engage with athletics and afternoon activities
- Work with our Dean of Students’ office on attendance, Honor Boards, and general student discipline
- Work with our Student Life team to support evening and weekend student programming
- Be involved in all aspects of life at a boarding school
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills
- Ability to positively and productively relate to students
- Adaptive learner and self-starter
- Strong technical skills
- Priority will be given to students with experience as a resident assistant, proctor, member of a judicial board, etc.
How to Apply: Please send a letter of interest and resume to HR@kentshill.org.
Kents Hill School is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.