The Cambridge School of Weston, Weston, MA
Accredited by NEASC
Apply here by sending a resume, cover letter, philosophy of education and three to five references. No phone calls, please.
Description: 10-month, Full-Time, Faculty position
The Cambridge School of Weston seeks a full-time, experienced teacher in the English Department. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, teaching a combination of required classes and electives that encompass the canon and literature written in English from around the world, as well as facilitating sections of Writing Lab. The English Department expects a demonstrated commitment to developing critical reading and writing, discussion, and collaborative skills as well as fostering creativity in adolescents. Candidates who value the writing and revision process, are comfortable with classroom technologies, can work in a collegial atmosphere, and pursue professional development as lifelong learners are strongly preferred. The ideal candidate possesses strong interpersonal skills, values progressive education, builds rapport with students, and has experience in differentiating and working in multiple modalities. The ideal candidate is a gifted creative educator who values working in a vibrant and art-infused school, as well as understands the value of outreach to the greater Boston community.
Specific Responsibilities for This Position Include:
● Teaching 12 blocks in the English Departments. Each “block” is a six-week course that meets for 90-minutes each day. A full-time faculty member teaches two blocks per module.
● Active participation in department and faculty-staff meetings, as well as occasional professional development.
● Teaching classes that span 9th-grade through 12th-grade.
● Facilitate sections of writing support labs.
Full-time Faculty at The Cambridge School of Weston also:
● Advise up to eight students.
● Participate in our co-curricular PACE programming. Through the PACE program (Promoting Awareness and Community Engagement), we dedicate time during the mod and the year for experiential classes, events, and activities that prepare our students to meet the demands of an increasingly complex and diverse world. A four-year co-curriculum, PACE has been designed to ensure that all CSW students develop self-awareness, social consciousness, healthy living habits, life skills, and leadership that will serve them into adulthood.
● Participate in up to two alliance/affinity groups, student clubs or committees.
Chaperone two weekend activities each year.
Skills and Qualifications:
● Bachelor of Arts degree or equivalent required; Master’s degree strongly preferred.
● Minimum of two years teaching experience required, three to five years teaching experience required.
● Background in Latinx and Latin American literature strongly preferred.
● Experience working with neuro-diverse learners and ELL strongly preferred.
● Facility with using technology effectively, specifically G-Suite for Education, in teaching and learning.
To Apply for This Position:
To apply for this position, please send a resume, cover letter, philosophy of education and three to five references to EnglishSearch@csw.org. No phone calls, please.
Deadline for Application:
We will accept applications until the position has been filled.
A leader among America’s progressive independent schools, The Cambridge School of Weston (CSW) has been at the forefront of educational innovation since 1886. At this day and boarding high school located in Weston MA, creative, motivated students embrace challenging work and address complex questions — with curiosity and courage. Inspired by the diverse perspectives and high expectations of our justice-minded community, they find and develop what is extraordinary in themselves and in the world around them. CSW's mission is to provide a progressive education that emphasizes deep learning, meaningful relationships, and a dynamic program that inspires students to discover who they are and what their contribution is to their school, their community, and the world.
The Cambridge School of Weston does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, retaliation, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, disability, mental illness, genetics, choice of health insurance, marital status, age, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable law. We are an equal opportunity employer and we encourage candidates who will increase our diversity to apply.