- Middle School
Lesley Ellis School, Arlington, MA
Accredited by AISNE
Lesley Ellis School seeks an English teacher for the 2020-2021 school year. Responsibilities include teaching 7th and 8th grades’ English, a section of 6th grade English, and leading a grade 6 literacy group. Candidates are also asked to offer additional academic support to small groups of students in grades 6-8, support students during Flex times, and coach or lead another activity of interest. Strong candidates will have substantial middle school teaching experience, ideally in independent schools. An advanced degree is preferred, but not required. All candidates should possess a demonstrable passion for teaching, excellent communication skills, and the ability to engage and intellectually excite students in their pursuit of learning.
- Implementation of rigorous English curriculum, which employs a variety of pedagogical approaches to support all learning styles.
- Exceptional writing skills and command of the complexities of the English language.
- Close collaboration with the middle school team and other faculty and staff.
- Demonstration of a respect for diversity among faculty and students. Promotion of an environment that values diversity and social justice.
- Positive communication with parents, both formally and informally.
- Preparation of articulate and well-written narrative reports and secondary school recommendations.
- Attendance at all-school events and faculty meetings.
- Classes taught both in-person and remotely.
- A passion for working with middle school students.
- Experience teaching middle school English.
- A post-secondary degree in English or Education strongly preferred.
- A commitment to academic rigor and engaging curriculum.
School year position. Competitive salary.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume and three letters of reference to: Head of School, Deanne Benson at email@example.com
Lesley Ellis School is an equal opportunity employer.