Notre Dame Academy, Hingham, MA
Accredited by NEASC
Notre Dame Academy, a Catholic all-girls 7-12 grade college preparatory is seeking a well-qualified, energetic teacher for English Language Arts. This is a full-time position. Candidate should exhibit a command of the English language and a desire to instill a love of reading and literature into the students while promoting the reading comprehension and effective communication skills that students need in the 21st century.
- Set high academic standards for every student in the class while still adapting to the individual needs of each child.
- Prepare lesson plans that teach core objectives and principles that are relevant to future education, also showing students how this knowledge is useful in the real world.
- Develop stable, solid relationships with students with appropriate boundaries so they know you are available to help them when they need it.
- Promote parent/teacher/student associations and communication.
- Bachelor’s degree in English teaching
- Master’s degree in education or actively working toward Master’s degree
- Previous experience teaching English
- Previous experience teaching IB English Literature and Language