The Rivers School, Weston, MA
Accredited by NEASC
Reports to: Upper School Head, Upper School Dean of Faculty and Assistant Upper School Dean of Faculty
The person in this position facilitates the coordination of the operation of the offices of the Upper School administrative team in connection with faculty and parents. The ability to communicate well with a wide range of people as well as the ability to exercise discretion and respect confidentiality is critical. A person in this position must have a mindset that embraces new challenges and learning new skills, particularly strong computer skills and project management skills.
- Maintain calendar for Upper School Head and Dean of Faculty
- Maintain the Upper School calendar for faculty and students
- Assist in memo and letter writing as needed
- Assist in maintaining relevant databases for the Upper School
- Provide support to the Assistant Upper School Dean of Faculty in administering a variety of data related input and projects
- Answer and direct phone calls for US Head
- Prepare agendas and take minutes at various Upper School administrative meetings
- Maintains the schedule of faculty evaluations and promotions
- Maintains a list of sabbatical requests and sabbatical leaves
- Works on special projects with committees as needed
- Schedules appointments for US Head and US Dean of Faculty
- Schedules course counseling meetings, grade reviews and assembly speakers
- Assists with book ordering process for courses, orders and purchases supplies for US Head and US Dean of Faculty offices
- Responsible for confidential and time sensitive material
- Strong customer service orientation, including strong interpersonal skills and a high degree of professionalism interacting with colleagues, parents and students
- Strong computer skills, including the Microsoft Office suite, Google Docs, Google Drive, and Google Sheets, as well as database administration. Blackbaud K-12 experience would be a plus
- Excellent verbal, written and proofreading skills
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to manage a variety of tasks
- Willingness to learn new technology and proactively seek to manage all important Upper School information in an efficient and accessible manner
Required Experience: A minimum of two years as an administrative assistant. Experience in an independent school would be a plus.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required
Interested and qualified candidates should submit electronically as separate documents (preferably as PDFs) the following materials:
- Formal cover letter for the position;
- Current résumé.
Please submit information by Friday, September 18, 2020 to Ms. Kristen Mensing, Executive Assistant to the Head of School at email@example.com.
About The Rivers School:
The Rivers School is a coeducational, college preparatory day school for students in grades 6 through 12. Located in Weston, Massachusetts, Rivers challenges students to attain their highest levels of excellence in academics, arts, and athletics. Visit our website at www.rivers.org for more information.
The Rivers School is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to non-discrimination in employment. The Rivers School selects the best qualified for the job based on job-related qualifications regardless of race, age, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran’s status or any other status protected by applicable law. We welcome candidates who will increase our diversity; we encourage candidates of color to apply.