Dedham Country Day School - Horizons Program, Dedham, MA
Accredited by AISNE
Dedham Country Day School (DCD) seeks motivated individuals, eager to work with children in our Extended Day Program (EDP) which follows the regular school day. Through structured activities (indoors and outdoors), the EDP provides daily exercise and socialization for DCD students in our Pre-Kindergarten to grade 8 community.
At DCD, our children develop a willingness to try, an ability to do, and a drive to care. We strive to provide a multicultural and anti-bias education which celebrates the diversity of our community and prepares children with the skills they need to connect and thrive in our diverse world. We believe that a broad range of experiences and viewpoints enhances learning and enriches life for students and faculty alike. We strongly encourage applications from people of color or educators from communities that are historically underrepresented in independent schools, and are committed to an inclusive school experience for all who work at DCD. Additionally, DCD places a high value on the professional growth of all faculty and staff and provides outstanding opportunities for individual professional development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Play and supervise children (primarily PK - grade 5) both indoors and outdoors
- Engage with children with enthusiasm and energy, and share their special interests
- Work five days a week during EDP hours: Monday - Thursday, 2:45 - 5:00 pm and Friday, 12:15 pm - 5:00 pm (part-time qualified candidates will be considered)
Strong candidates will have:
- A minimum of three years experience working with children; bachelor’s degree preferred (will consider currently-enrolled college students)
- A desire to play and interact with children
- Initiative, the ability to be self-directed, and the capacity to independently identify and solve problems
- Strong communication skills and an ability to work well with both children and adults
- Strong self-motivation and reliability
- An interest in early elementary or elementary education is a plus
School Mission and Philosophy: DCD is proud to offer an educational experience that:
- Provides to each child a unique educational balance of challenging academics, arts, and athletics;
- Embraces an inclusive interdependent community of students, teachers, and parents that fosters trust and encourages children to take risks;
- Creates independent, resilient, lifelong learners through engaging, developmentally based teaching designed to meet varied learning styles; and
- Inspires students to become caring, ethical members of the larger world by emphasizing thoughtful citizenship and respect for self and others.
Application Information: Dedham Country Day School provides a competitive salary and benefits plan. Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Megan Saia, Director of the Extended Day Program at firstname.lastname@example.org.