Kents Hill School, Kents Hill, ME
Accredited by NEASC
Kents Hill School is at a pivotal moment in its almost 200-year-old history. Our Head of School has brought a clear educational vision and a strengthened focus on developing the whole student through a balanced, intentional, and purposeful curriculum. Under the supervision of the Director of Plant & Facilities, the Facilities Manager is a hands-on working and managing position that is responsible for planning, organizing, coordinating, and managing all aspects pertaining to preventative maintenance, cleaning, and repairs to equipment, fixtures, furnishings, and structures of Kents Hill School.
- Manage the daily operations and work alongside the facilities maintenance, housekeeping, and groundwork teams as well as any tradesmen, outside vendors, and service companies to ensure that quality of work and deadlines are met
- Manage the school’s Work Order System and the workflow to ensure timely deadline completion
- Perform comprehensive building inspections to identify items needing repair or correction and report any areas of concern to the Director of Plant & Facilities
- Aid the facilities team in the relocation of faculty housing assignments and perform renovations and/or repairs as needed and coordinate all summer camp moves with camp representatives.
- Participate in weekly meeting with the Director of Plant & Facilities to present plans and options for immediate, deferred, and long-term maintenance goals, timelines and approach to needed/planned/scheduled building renovations, repairs, and alterations
- Conduct periodic assessments of all of the facilities team members to ensure the quality and timeliness of work to be completed and make sure teams have adequate stock to perform tasks
- Periodically inspect and ensure all tools, equipment, and buildings meet OSHA safety standards and are well-functioning
- Participates in the on-call rotation and responds to emergency issues as they arise
- Any other duties assigned by the Head of School or direct supervisor
- Required to participate in all snow removal operations
- Associates Degree or six years of prior experience in the disciplines of facilities management
- Management or supervisor experience preferred
- The ability to respond to complaints and inquiries in a professional and timely manner
- Experience utilizing Google applications (Gmail, Docs, Calendar), Excel, DDC/UNC apps, and Work Order Systems
- Ability to read and understand blueprint details, specifications, “as builts,” and schematics
- Must possess a demonstrated knowledge and ability to work in all trades: carpentry, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, ground keeping, roofing, and housekeeping
- Must be directly involved in the performance of all aspects of various renovations
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and work with changing priorities
- The ability to exercise analytical and critical thinking skills
How to Apply: Please send a letter of interest and resume to HR@kentshill.org
Kents Hill School is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.