Kingsley Montessori School, Boston, MA
Accredited by AISNE and AMS
ABOUT US: Located in the heart of Boston’s Back Bay, Kingsley is a premier, independent day school guided by a unique blend of Montessori philosophy and innovative programming. Kingsley offers an education tailored to the talents, curiosity, and growth of each student. Our progressive, inquiry-based programs cultivate students’ social and academic development and prepare them to advance successfully to top public and independent middle schools.
- Facilities Planning & Oversight
- Regularly review the maintenance needs of Kingsley’s facilities and plan strategically for short and long term renovations and repairs, working closely with the Associate Head of School / CFO/COO.
- Establish a 5–10 year maintenance schedule for the Fairfield building.
- Manage the use of all contractors, such as the: plumber, electrician, carpenter, landscaper, and pest control.
- Manage the annual review process to renew our Certificate of Inspection with the City of Boston (emergency lighting systems, sprinklers, fire extinguishers and intercom system).
- Oversee the quarterly review of the fire safety systems, including running the evacuation drills in both buildings.
- Oversee the regular building inspections (Boston Fire Department, Health Inspector, Inspectional Services Department).
- Security & Safety
- Serves as a key member of the Kingsley community to ensure that safety and security is maximized at all times.
- Serve as a security presence during drop off and pick up times each day at both buildings.
- Manages our ALICE emergency protocols and training across our campus.
- Routine Maintenance
- This role will require the expert use of Schooldude—the digital database used to report and track maintenance items.
- Be on call to provide proactive maintenance support for two buildings in the Back Bay.
- Help oversee the general operations of the school, working with a variety of Kingsley staff members. Tasks will include: painting, assembling furniture, watering plants, arranging chairs for events, delivering boxes to classrooms, etc.
- Oversee the cleaning company to make sure the daily trash and recycling is collected and put out for pickup.
- Candidate is required to travel between both buildings, transport packages on a daily basis, and occasionally lift heavy items.
- Help oversee the cleaning needs in both buildings, working with our cleaning company on a regular basis.
- Be on call to support teachers and staff with typical school day messes as they arise.
- Oversee parking logistics on campus.
- Collaborate with staff to ensure timely and detailed event setup and breakdown.
- Help coordinate snow removal, working with our snow removal contractor.
This is a public facing role that requires strong interpersonal skills balanced with a good sense of humor. Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential. This position will report to the Associate Head of School / CFO/COO. Experience: 3-5 years of maintenance or equivalent experience. Salary & Benefits: This position comes with a competitive salary level and a comprehensive range of benefits.
References: Three professional references will need to be provided.
TO APPLY, CANDIDATES SHOULD SEND THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION BY EMAIL:
- A cover letter describing your interest, expertise, and availability
- A current resume
APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE SENT TO:
Assistant to the Head of School
*electronic file names must be in the following format:
FirstName LastName CoverLetter Year
FirstName LastName Resume Year