Beaver Country Day School, Chestnut Hill, MA
Accredited by NEASC
Apply here by e-mailing a cover letter and resume to Chris Doyle, Director of Building & Grounds. Please include Facilities Operations Worker in the subject line.
Department: Buildings & Grounds
Job Status: Full-time
Reports to: Director of Buildings & Grounds
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 12:00 - 8:00 PM (flexible start/end), weekends on occasion
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
● Maintain vigilance with school security, especially after 5pm.
● Set-up / troubleshoot audio/visual equipment for evening meetings.
● Assist with set-ups and breakdowns for academic & athletic events.
● Maintain printers & copiers with adequate paper and supplies.
● Deliver mail and packages around the campus; document process from carrier acceptance to final delivery.
● Empty recycling containers in offices, classrooms, and public areas without disturbing students, faculty, or staff.
● Collect and document lost & found items.
● Assist the Buildings & Grounds Dept in removing snow from walkways and stairs during winter months.
● Other duties and projects as assigned by the Director of Buildings & Grounds.
● High school diploma or equivalent required.
● Familiarity with audio/visual equipment, computers, and copiers/printers
● Ability to communicate and work effectively with a variety of members of the community including teachers, administrators, and students.
● Commitment to the institution’s needs; willingness to help at all levels to get the job done.
● Work in a professional and ethical manner with high integrity.
● Ability to effectively prioritize and handle interruptions and changes as they occur in a productive and positive manner.
● Must enjoy working in a youth-centered academic environment.
● Flexibility and sense of humor.
● As a condition of employment, must pass the CORI & FBI background checks.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, bend, sit, kneel, stoop, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Winter storms in the Boston area may require hours of time out in cold weather doing heavy lifting when clearing snow. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Beaver Country Day School is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, creed, handicap status, national origin, ethnicity or military veteran status in hiring or other employment practices.
Interestedcandidates should e-mail a cover letter and resume to Chris Doyle, Director of Building & Grounds, at email@example.com. Please include Facilities Operations Worker in the subject line.