The Rashi School, Dedham, MA
Accredited by AISNE
Job Title: Facilities Technician
Type of Position: Full-time, salary commensurate with experience and education
Reports To: Director of Facilities
Ideal Schedule: Monday through Friday, 7:15 am to 3:15 pm, occasional overtime on weekends and evenings depending on building occupancy, special projects, and inclement weather.
The role of the Facilities Technician is to provide students, faculty, staff and visitors with a safe, attractive, comfortable, and clean facility in which to learn, play, and develop. Reporting to the Director of Facilities, the Facilities Technician performs a variety of tasks related to the care and maintenance of the School building and grounds including; cleaning, repairing, maintaining, identifying issues, collaborating with contractors, and communicating with the Director of Facilities.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Clean and sanitize areas of the school as assigned (i.e., classrooms, halls, offices, rest rooms, cafeteria, kitchen, gymnasium, etc.).
- Sweep, vacuum, scrub, mop, wax, polish and buff floors, wash windows, clean white boards and walls, paint, replace light bulbs, perform minor repairs, etc.
- Sweep walks and entrances, pick up debris on the grounds, clean drains, gutters, and roof.
- Perform routine grounds keeping duties such as grass cutting, tree and shrub trimming.
- Respond to special requests for maintenance as assigned.
- Set up, take down, and move furniture, shelving and partitions as assigned.
- Identify, report and rectify safety hazards.
- Lock doors and windows, turn out lights, and secure building as assigned.
- Monitor exit doors during hours of occupancy ensuring panic bars are functioning properly.
- Requisition custodial supplies and equipment as necessary.
- Maintain inventory records of supplies and equipment.
- Coordinate the shipping and receiving of school supplies.
- Participate in school in-service programs as assigned.
- Act as a friendly ambassador for The Rashi School.
- Perform specific projects and maintenance tasks as directed by the Director of Facilities or School Administrators.
Position Requirement (Knowledge, skills, and abilities needed for the position):
- High School or Trade School Diploma or equivalent is required. Degree in Facilities Management preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively (both orally and in writing) with supervisors, students, parents, and staff. Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions with limited supervision.
- Ability to use commercial cleaning solutions, equipment, and machinery. Knowledge of basic carpentry, painting and electrical work. Experience repairing and adjusting structures and equipment using these skills.
- Knowledge of security systems (i.e. electronic and key locks).
- Knowledge of OSHA, MassDEP and other safety standards. Training offered and required by The Rashi School.
- Knowledge of requirements for maintaining clean and safe school buildings.
- Familiarity with handling and disposal of hazardous materials.
- Maintain a high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality when dealing with students and employees.
Physical requirements include:
- Ability to lift, push and pull up to 50 lbs., occasionally up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to climb ladders, to stretch and bend.
- Possible exposure to bodily fluids. PPE provided.
Required Certificates, Licenses and other documentation:
- Suitable Massachusetts CORI and FBI fingerprinting national background check
- Blood borne Pathogen Training (company provided)
- OSHA’s Right to Know (company provided)
- Lockout Tag Out (company provided)
- Ongoing Health and Safety training (company provided)
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.