- Summer Programs
Fay School, Southborough, MA
Accredited by AISNE
The Director of Residential Life works closely with the Director of Auxiliary Programs to implement the philosophy and goals of the School’s Residential Life Program for boarding students in summer programs. The Director is responsible for the daily needs of the summer boarding programs so that summer students have an enjoyable experience while living in an inclusive, safe and enriching environment. Candidates are expected to live in campus housing during English Immersion and Academic Adventure Programs. This position reports to the Director of Auxiliary Programs.
The position will begin with pre-camp planning in preparation for Residential Camps opening on July 12, 2020. When camp is in session, the normal work schedule is 12:00 – 8:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Candidates must have previous leadership and supervisory experience in a Residential Life program at a camp and/or school setting. A bachelor’s degree is preferred, along with experience of creating, implementing and leading a program schedule of activities. The candidate must have high levels of written and oral skills as well as a high degree of organizational skills and a demonstrated ability to supervise complex operations. An ability to work independently and as part of a team is essential.
- Coordinating student housing including changes after arrival
- Arranging weeknight and weekend activities
- Being responsible for student discipline
- Coordinating student laundry
- Planning of the arrival and departure days
- Managing two assistant directors, and all residential life staff and staff schedules
- Being responsible for all weekend cash and student allowance
- Being the main point of contact for families with on campus concerns
- Coordinating daily with the other members of the leadership team to ensure a seamless transition from academic programs to Day Camp.
Interested candidates should send a resume, a cover letter detailing why they would be a great fit for FaySummer, and list of three references via email with the subject line “Director of Residential Life” to email@example.com.
Fay School, 48 Main Street, Southborough, MA 01772
Fay School is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic background, age, disability, or military service in its hiring, employment or other programs and activities.
- Residential Life