Epstein Hillel School, Marblehead, MA
Accredited by AISNE
Assist the Director of Finance & Operations with duties in the accounting department of a private Jewish K-8 Day School, processing of Accounts Payable and Receivable, perform month-end closing procedures and issue monthly financial statements. Other duties as assigned.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform daily operations of accounting and administrative services
- Work closely with our outsourced accounting and finance team (eCratchit), in accordance with prescribed schedule and meet due dates provided
- Follow our document retention, and storage policy for all financial and other school records, as directed
- Follow strict adherence to our confidentiality and security policy regarding sensitive or personal information
- Prepare and process bank deposits, with proper coding, in alignment with budget (with coordination of various school staff)
- Responsible for reconciling credit card charges and statements, gathering and reconciling receipts, obtaining the proper approvals, and providing information to eCratchit
- Maintain up to date Accounts receivable ledger (in coordination with eCratchit) to ensure proper application of payment and outstanding balances are followed up on, under the supervision of the Dir Finance
- Maintain vendor relationships, where applicable and directed by the Dir Finance
- Receive all vendor invoices and other expense documentation, prepare and code expense in accordance with budget and process to our AP team at eCratchit on a timely basis
- Review AP weekly to ensure accuracy and provide reports to Dir Finance for weekly bill payment.
- Research and resolve any issue related to credit card charges or vendor invoices, credits, errors, etc
- Prepare employee expense reimbursement forms and obtain proper approvals
- Manage and enter data into FACTS (tuition management system). Reconcile database and monitor for accuracy
- Obtain and file monthly bank and other statements and obtain proper approvals
- Work closely with development team to ensure aligned records and coding.
- Perform month-end accounting closing procedures, as directed and supported by eCratchit and assist with year-end closing and annual audit.
- Work with families on billing for various billable services
- Maintain all financial records and files
- Direct any notices, letters, correspondence from regulatory or other agencies to the appropriate party and follow up on responses
- Assist in development of internal procedures.
- Maintain strict adherence to internal financial procedures and documentation requirements
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Assist Management or eCratchit as needed
High school graduate or equivalent, college degree preferred. Accounting and/or office experience required. Must be proactive, self-motivated, and detail-oriented. Knowledge of databases, software programs such as Microsoft Office Suite. Must possess excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, organizational and problem solving skills. Must be able to maintain a positive attitude toward members and fellow employees. Must be able to read and write English; perform math calculations; have good visual acuity; think logically; pull, push, lift and carry various objects. Must work with limited supervision using own judgment and discretion on routine matters. Must be able to perform these functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
Must be able to work a 20-hour week, plus overtime and/or irregular hours as required to complete assignments. May stand or sit for extended periods of time. Must transport oneself to and from other areas of the facility and travel to other locations when necessary.
The office environment consists of separate offices, conference room and modular office space. This location includes adequate lighting, heating/cooling, equipment and furniture in good working condition. Due to the nature of the professional association and its constant push for change to stay in the forefront of the profession, this setting will require flexibility in thinking and acceptance of change. This association has thousands of highly professional members who will view the association in many ways, because of this fact the attire is business casual and work is to be done constructively and cheerfully.