- Registered Nurse
Buckingham Browne & Nichols School, Cambridge, MA
Accredited by NEASC
BB&N is seeking a one-year, full time floating Nurse for our B-12 programs across three campuses. The Nurse will assist the Director of Student Support Services, Health Services Lead Nurse, and the School Nurses in the implementation and management of a coordinated school health program, which is consistent with the BB&N philosophy, goals and objectives as well as consistent with the Massachusetts guidelines and regulations governing school health and nursing. The Nurse will provide quality care to all students, maintain comprehensive school health records, and assist in the inventory and ordering of health care supplies. Additional responsibilities will be determined by the Director of Student Support Services.
BB&N, a coeducational day school in Cambridge, MA, was established in 1974 by the merger of two independent schools, the Buckingham School and Browne & Nichols School, founded respectively in 1889 and 1883. Located on multiple campuses, we work as one School in pursuit of excellence. We celebrate the diversity of our community, which enriches our daily experience. At BB&N we foster intellectual curiosity, critical thinking, and a deep concern and respect for others.
BB&N’s mission is to promote scholarship, integrity, and kindness in diverse, curious, and motivated students. The School prepares students for lives of principled engagement in their communities and the world. We value a diverse and inclusive community that fosters respect for the identities and perspectives of all.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree and two year’s experience required, preferably in a School Health Office. The ideal candidate must fulfill all ADA requirements.
In addition to requirements determined by the Director of Student Support Services, the Nurse will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Experience working with children and young adults
- Ability to originate, update, and/or monitor health care, maintain records, and implement the coordinated school health program and Standing Orders
- Current CPR certifications
- Commitment to working in and fostering an inclusive community.
- Desire to work in a school community
- Capacity to communicate effectively with students, parents and colleagues
- Predisposition to reflect warmth and a positive spirit
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; good listener
- Desire and ability to work collaboratively with colleagues
- Understand and exhibit high standards of professional conduct
Please visit BB&N’s employment opportunities page to complete your online application. Please upload your Cover Letter, Resume, and Reference List.
Buckingham Browne & Nichols School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, gender identity, national origin or ancestry, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any non-job related physical or mental disability. We welcome candidates who will increase our diversity; we encourage candidates of color and all diverse candidates to apply.