- Middle School
Friends Academy, North Dartmouth, MA
Accredited by AISNE
Friends Academy seeks an enthusiastic and optimistic middle school teacher to join our Sally Borden Program in August of 2020. This teacher will join our team of talented, passionate faculty who are dedicated to working with students who have language-based learning differences such as dyslexia. In addition to the academic course load, the position includes co-leading an advisory and chaperoning Outside-the-Classroom trips and overnights. Please visit our website to learn about our dynamic Sally Borden program.
We seek a dedicated educator who believes in collaboration and understands the importance of relationship-building when helping students find success. We value teachers who are creative and embrace inquiry and project-based learning. Our new middle school teacher should be well-versed in technology so that they are able to maximize the effectiveness of our 1:1 MacBook environment. We use a Google platform and assistive technologies to meet our students’ varied needs.
This job may be for you if you:
- Possess a bachelor degree in middle school education or related field; master’s degree preferred
- Feel a strong alignment with Friends Academy’s Mission and Philosophy of Learning
- Have experience working with students with language-based learning differences
- Are optimistic, steady, humble, and committed to doing what is best for children
- Possess a dedication to teaching and learning in a vigorous progressive school community with a commitment to equity and inclusion
- Are comfortable creating curriculum to meet the diverse needs of Sally Borden learners
- Appreciate and are excited by innovation in education
- Hold an Associate level of Orton-Gillingham or are willing to be trained
- Are a strong role model for middle school adolescents and understand the cognitive, social, and emotional development of this age group
- Personalize and differentiate content to best serve all learners
- Value working as part of a team and making contributions to a shared vision of the best possible learning outcomes for students
- Are comfortable being flexible, trying new ideas, and taking intellectual risks
- Believe in a professional, optimistic educational community and will work to bring their best to school each day
Please visit our website at www.friendsacademy1810.org to learn more about our school.
If interested, please email cover letter, resume, and references to Laura Velazquez, Director of the Sally Borden Program at firstname.lastname@example.org.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Friends Academy admits students and hires faculty and staff of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to all students, faculty, and staff of the school. Friends Academy does not discriminate against someone (applicant or employee) because of that person’s race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, or genetic information.