Fayerweather Street School, Cambridge, MA
Accredited by AISNE
Fayerweather Street School is a PreK-8th-grade co-educational program. At Fayerweather we help young people develop the knowledge, skills and awareness to flourish in a complex, diverse and increasingly interdependent world. We believe that truly knowing each child is the heart of a great education. We strive to engage each child’s intellect, imagination and awakening sense of social responsibility to help our students become confident, resourceful and enthusiastic learners. We are committed to building a diverse and welcoming community in which compassion, humor and respect are woven throughout the curriculum and spirit of the day.
Fayerweather seeks a qualified candidate beginning immediately to perform several duties from 7:45 - 11:45 five days a week.
- Early morning care provider (PreK-Grade 6)
- Front Desk Coverage
- Occasional substitute teacher (PreK - Grade 8)
Early Morning Care Provider
7:30 - 8:30 am Monday - Friday for approximately 20 students before school begins.
- Creating a safe environment
- Providing games and activities for students
- Reminding students of rules and expectations for behavior
- Reading to students
- Organizing outdoor games
- Escorting PreK-K students to classrooms
Front Desk Coverage
2-3 hours, three days a week (depending on need)
- Act as school’s receptionist, greet visitors and parents
- Answer the phones at all times between 8:30 am and 11:00 am.
- Accept deliveries and distribute mail (keep front desk area cleared)
- Assist with printer issues/requests (place service calls, refill paper, toners, replace cartridges, etc.)
- Maintain attendance records (update system, call families re: unexcused absences)
- Support head of school with various administrative tasks
Occasional Substitute Teacher
As needed during school hours
- Ability to substitute teach in PreK through 8th grade classrooms in all subject areas
- Adhere to and teach lesson plans and instructions as directed by the absent teacher and/or co-teacher
- Schedule flexibility, covering in various classrooms during the day as needed and around other responsibilities
- Communicate in a friendly and positive manner towards parents, students, and administrators
- Ensure the safety of students at all times!
Bachelor's degree in education (or working towards)
All candidates must pass a Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI), Sexual Offender Registry Information (SORI), and fingerprint check.
Fayerweather values diversity in all aspects of school life and candidates of color are encouraged to apply.
Please send a cover letter, resume and references to email@example.com
(State name and Extended Day Teacher in email header.) No phone calls, please. For more information go to www.fayerweather.org/employment